[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ General Tiki Ľ Ľ New Feature: The Bar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New Feature: The Bar
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-03-09 05:46 am   Permalink

New Feature: The Sidebar

If youíve not noticed it already, I recently added perhaps the biggest change to Tiki Central so far: the Sidebar. (
click here to check it out)

This change was overdue. Tiki Central has for a long time needed a place to highlight important information in a format other than (sticky) posts. The sidebar offers space for every Tiki Central user: important highlights for the frequent reader; tips and recommended reading for the new user, and an area to offer more-detailed promotional information beyond what our banner ad area can provide.

The exact format of the sidebar is loose, and Iím sure it will change over time. As with every change made to Tiki Central, there is nothing permanent about it. But my goal is to keep it a useful fixture for everyone.

Please post any comments or bug reports here. I am aware of some small formatting issues when viewing it in very wide windows, and in Firefox.

Thanks for participating,

Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-03-09 05:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-03-09 16:10 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 06:02 am   Permalink

I don't have any formatting issues with my screen. I Love the sidebar. How did we get along without it before. I think it will be a real time-saver and another valuable TC Tool.
Thanks

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 06:04 am   Permalink

i think a sidebar is a swell idea!!!

where do i leave the tips?

seriously, nice work h.l.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 06:19 am   Permalink

Really nice feature, Hanford. I think it's great to see what topics are hot - and it's good for newbies to not get overwhelmed by all the posts & threads!

Nice job.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 07:45 am   Permalink

Can you make it flash in multiple colors??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 07:47 am   Permalink

It's like Xmas everyday at TC.

I, for one, really like the format... It's very clean and intuitive.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 08:30 am   Permalink

I like it. I had no idea there was a Tiki Central store until I found it there! I wish there was an aloha shirt with the TC logo on it.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 09:46 am   Permalink

The sidebar is a great addition.
It just doesnít have any Tikis in it.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-09 09:46, Unga Bunga wrote:
The sidebar is a great addition.
It just doesnít have any Tikis in it.

That's true. Just think, an entire forum site dedicated to tiki, and there's not one tiki on the home page. (just playin' around Hanford, I think the sidebar is a great addition!)

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 10:36 am   Permalink

Aagh!

I can't read it! The background is black and the writing is dark blue.

Is everyone else's different?
("Is it getting dark already?" -Bette Davis in "Dark Victory," the moment she starts to go blind.)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 10:58 am   Permalink

The new sidebar is excellent. Very easy to navigate. It kicks the ass out of "sliced bread"!

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 11:34 am   Permalink

Yep, I like it. Very handy-dandy.

Works well on my PC running ME using Firefox as the browser, although bands of black show up at the top and bottom of the main table.

-Tikiwahine

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 11:42 am   Permalink

I thought my computer had gone all wacky this morning - I'm diggin' it Hanford! All the pertinent current info. right at your mouse click!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2005-03-09 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-09 10:36, Formikahini wrote:I can't read it! The background is black and the writing is dark blue. Is everyone else's different?

You probably have your Theme set to something other than the default. I'm going to be updating it shortly so that it won't do that.

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-09 2:21 pm   Permalink

Very cool sidebar. Nice addition. However, I too get the black bars on the top of the forum list. I am using IE on a Mac still running system 9.2. If that helps.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation