FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Palama Tiki's First 2 Carvings...New Photos Added 3/15/2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Palama Tiki's First 2 Carvings...New Photos Added 3/15/2005
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 07:00 am   Permalink

finkdaddy:

man, i can hear ya sighing from here!

yep, i swim in my lake. i do sprint triathlons, so that's where i train for the swim portion. i really love my lake!

but, if it makes you feel any better, i got in the water on Sunday, and it was a tad chilly.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 07:13 am   Permalink

A tad chilly? Now you're just rubbing it in.

Yesterday for a short while it got above freezing, so the snow melted off the top of my garage. Last night it dropped to sub-freezing again so all the water froze and I had to chop at the ice with a shovel this morning so my wife could open the door and get to work. A tad chilly indeed...

Honestly though, I have good memories of Florida. My Mom's parents live in Sanford. When I was younger we spent a couple of weeks at their house. My Grandfather is a terrific guitar player who used to have his own radio show in the 50's. Before that he traveled a bit playing guitar in Gene Autry's band. We used to all sit around the fire pit at night while he played and sang. He also used to take us fishing all the time in the St. John's river. I probably haven't been down there in 12 years or more.

[ This Message was edited by: finkdaddy on 2005-03-15 07:14 ]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 07:55 am   Permalink

sorry, bro, i couldn't resist..

i remember those days of chipping ice; not fun! but very cool about your grandfather!

you've been away too long.. come on down!

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 8:24 pm   Permalink

Wow!! Nice job... GO DEEP... My first one will be done tommorow!

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation