FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I have received my Holy Grail!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
I have received my Holy Grail!!!!
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 2:45 pm   Permalink

With unending praise to Ookoolady I am ecstatic to announce that I have received my holy grail! It arrived today and as you can see he's fitting in well with the other Hawaiian Room mugs!

I'd like to thank all of those who listened to me bitch over the last month about my unobtainable dream mug...(as I raise the mug above my head in victory)...this is for you!!!!

God bless you Lisa - I could die tonight a happy man! You've heard of the US hockey team's "miracle on ice"? This is Johntiki's "Miracle Online!" Long live Tiki Central! I love y'all!!!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Island Savage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-14 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:
...(as I raise the mug above my head in victory)..

Don't drop it! Doh!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: freaky*tiki on 2005-03-14 15:10 ]

View Profile of Island Savage Send a personal message to Island Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 3:29 pm   Permalink

Congratulations JohnTiki,
Seeing your mug reach it's final destination puts a smile on my face and warms my heart. I have got to say Tiki Central has got some of the most generous, friendliest folks I have had the pleasure of meeting and not meeting.
Ookoolady, that has got to be one of the nicest things I have seen a person do, just for the sake of being kind.
What a wonderful thing to have done.
You didn't just give someone a mug that they had been searching along time for.
But you helped restore this persons (ME ) faith in human nature with a single act of kindness.
I have seen countless people, virtual strangers, extend such kindnesses to each other here.
Purple Jade, Bongofury, DrZ, Iuka Grogg, Hanford, TheChikiTiki, Alnshely, KukuiNut, Floratina, Tiki_Bong are just a few (there have been many more) from my own personal expieriences have all made a difference here for me.
Not all of these people gave me some"THING" tangible.
But shared a welcoming gesture, a smile and took the time to make me feel like I had made a new friend.
Not to mention ALL the events/parties where people have allowed us into their homes to share in their generosity and hospitality with nothing expected in return other than for us to have a good time.
Thanks so much everyone at Tiki Central.

Forever a Pollyanna ~ DawnTiki

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-03-14 21:20 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 5:02 pm   Permalink

Congrats!

Every so often we get to have one of those days where everything is right in our world... glad to see someone as passionate about a mug as you get it, rather than just being bought randomly and checked off someones master list. Mix up your favorite potion, kick back and enjoy your new prize.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 5:04 pm   Permalink

Congrats , and huge props to Ookoolady for her kindness. TC has some of the best people I have never met, yet.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 5:55 pm   Permalink

Congrats John! I knew if I held out long enough someone else would hook you up! Ookoolady, a true heroine! Now, if someone could just send me a Luau 400 mug....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-14 6:22 pm   Permalink

Johntiki, it seems like you've had some major tiki scores recently! The best I can do this year is a Dynasty Wholesale version of the Orchids R-5 I found for $.59...not even worth mentioning in Tiki Finds.

Congrats!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 12:00 am   Permalink

Congrats, Johntiki!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 12:36 pm   Permalink

I guess no one has an extra severed head for their old Unkle John.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 12:42 pm   Permalink

i can send you one unk!

oh...

you mean a ceramic one, don't you...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 12:43 pm   Permalink

Johntiki, congratulations!
You must be so happy! That is such a cool mug, and he looks right at home

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-15 12:36, Unkle John wrote:

Or a Tiki Bob for poor old Kono...

Yes, that's right. I don't have a Tiki Bob! I've got a small to medium collection of 150-170 mugs and I'm pretty satisfied with it. The glaring omission is Tiki Bob. Especially since tikifish told me that it's based on a Fang tribal mask. I must have one! I've got some trade bait (but not too much). When I get a Tiki Bob then I'm sure I'll have a new glaring omission.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-15 17:14, Kono wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-03-15 12:36, Unkle John wrote:

Or a Tiki Bob for poor old Kono...

Get in Line!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 8:15 pm   Permalink

*Plays Pomp and Circumstance with a Ukulele*

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 09:07 am   Permalink

Barb retracted. Apologies accepted and returned.

mahalo.

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky on 2005-03-17 15:19 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation