FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving carvings by Ken Pleasant
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
carvings by Ken Pleasant
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-10 12:22 am   Permalink

thanks everyone, thanks for the pic Seakyjack. Glad to see the shelf is in good company

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2006-06-11 20:20 ]

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 7:25 pm   Permalink

Here is my sweet wife and a goofy tiki I carved today while staying at the beach cabin. It is a big piece of drift wood not sure what kind. Decided to just carve blind without drawing or having an idea of what it was going to be. I really screwed up the legs by cutting halfway through the log without knowing till I flipped it over to do the other side. So he kind of has really skinny legs.

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 7:39 pm   Permalink

NICE!!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 8:02 pm   Permalink

You just rip that off at the beach?. Nice.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-11 8:13 pm   Permalink

nice sweet tiki...nice sweet wife. i really like the unique design on top...i suspect
it will get the Kiegs finishing treatment and look top-notch!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 04:12 am   Permalink

I think you shouls carve "Blind" More often! Look what it gives you. Excellent.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 10:51 am   Permalink

Gman and Aikiman thanks I did carve it at the beach but I had the luxuries of a chainsaw and sander. Conga I dont think this one will get a finish. I left it at the cabin so the saltwater and weather can finish him. He now hangs with Witco royalty "Big Joe". Benz carving blind is fun but I hate things that turn out crooked and that usually happens if I dont draw it first. I started the headdress first thinking of your amazing carvings and that is about as far as I got because it turned out nothing like yours, but it was fun. thanks again for the compliments

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 3:10 pm   Permalink

You da man, Ken...I love it! Did Bill W. carve all of that trim on that beach house and that larger tiki? Amazing the prolificity of that man..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 3:51 pm   Permalink

Go Bro!!!

Free stlye - Muey Buenno!!!

That beach house is da kine! Love the peak!

See you soon........

( we'll hunt for those wacky ducks!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-12 6:14 pm   Permalink

I gotta tell you kiegs, if you carved that thing "blind", then feel free to close your eyes and carve me up somrthing - because I think that tiki is a 'ting o'beauty! and the home where he lives WOW! that's my dream house. I'm glad that we're seeing more of your work lately, you work magic with that saw bro!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 6:26 pm   Permalink

well now i just feel useless if that was a "blind" carving. it looks really good. i like it. keep the work comming.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 10:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks BK, Bill did carve the trim,tiki and a lot more. He says this was the first big joe he ever carved. He said he made the design on a bar of soap first and when he carved it on wood he did not know how to carve well yet so he did all straight cuts and Big joe was born. Here is a picture of the front of the cabin. Kind of foggy when I took it.
Bamben, gracias still waiting on a boo's visit.
Polynesiac, mahalo, I have created a lot of firewood carving blind, sometimes I get lucky though.
Tiki duddy, guttentaug I think that means thanks in German you should see the first one I carved blind at the cabin, damn it is ugly. Bill said it washed away in a storm we had over the winter but someone must have found it because it is back in all it glory

[ This Message was edited by: keigs20 2006-06-12 22:17 ]

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 11:27 pm   Permalink

Love it Ken! It is cool how after a while you know just where to take it off and just where to leave it. You had a picture of that guy in your head before you even started.

Love the cabin too... The South Seas meets the Arctic Circle!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 6:20 pm   Permalink

Here is another lamp it looks alot like another one I have done but there are a few differences. It is 5ft6 tall by almost 3 ft wide. Thanks for looking

Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 11:42 pm   Permalink

That's hotter than a Colt at Gettysburg!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation