FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving 'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
'OnaTiki 's new lava bottom lamp pg 16
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 7:39 pm   Permalink

Here are the newest lamps.

#5 is a large woven bamboo lamp. I used pieces of some leftover bamboo fencing and wove it into a basket form. The bottom is 1" pieces of bamboo cut so that the light shines through. (Another very labor intensive lamp, but again worth the effort)

The coconut mug shown for size comparison. This lamp is approx 20" across and 16" tall.

#6 is a small 6" round by 12" tall tapa fabric lamp also with bamboo bottom.

Still have more ideas... This stuff is fun!!

Aloha

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 7:50 pm   Permalink

I love the effect of the bamboo grid on the bottom. Nice work Ona.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 9:07 pm   Permalink

Beautiful lamps Ona!!. Your talent blows me away.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 9:12 pm   Permalink

What a great mood light with the bamboo fiberoptics!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 9:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Ona - awesome job! How did you attach the pieces of bamboo for the bottom?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 4:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Ona, great job with the lamps. They all look awesome, their going to look great with the rest of your outdoor tiki bar!

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-24 4:42 pm   Permalink

Holy Moly, That's Sweet!

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 5:13 pm   Permalink

Thanks again everyone.. The bamboo is held in place by resin..you can find that a the depot also.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 5:21 pm   Permalink

These lamps are mesmerizing, spellbinding and hypn-O-tizing! Very nice OnaTiki!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 5:24 pm   Permalink

Really fantistic stuff Onatiki. I too love the look of that bammboo bottom. Very nice.

Wish I had a Home Depot to frequent. All I have is an over priced under stocked Lumber Yard, and an Ace Hardware thats even worse. They've been saying for 2 or 3 years they're going to build one near here, but you know the kinds of things THOSE people say....

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 5:37 pm   Permalink

I see the need for a trade sometime in the future.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 6:57 pm   Permalink

Here is #7

It's 12" across by 12" tall with the bamboo bottom and carved wood accents.

This will probably be the last one for awhile as the sun has finally returned and I must go back to work outside.

Monkeyman.... I'm sure a trade can be arranged.

Mahalo

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-26 8:52 pm   Permalink

Absolutely brilliant Onatiki. If I could put two wires together without half of San Diego going dark, I might be tempted to give it a go myself.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-26 11:32 pm   Permalink

Stunning!! Bravo!!

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-27 6:28 pm   Permalink

WOW these lamps are excellent. I love the cut bamboo bottoms - they look totally cool lit up!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation