FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki #1 Mug I want...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
#1 Mug I want...
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 08:03 am   Permalink

The Politiki Reagan mug. It combines my love of Politics and Tiki. I guess the other president mugs are close seconds. But as a Republican, I really need that Reagan Mug.

Please don't start a political discussion. Just help me get a Reagan mug.

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 10:31 am   Permalink

I love this plan.....add a whole line of famous mugs

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 5:54 pm   Permalink

I dig the Politiki Mugs too. I know, some will have me flogged, but I like 'em. I have a Reagan and a FDR, I'd like to get the whole set....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 6:03 pm   Permalink

the real score would be to hork the lincoln and roosevelt carved tikis that are still on front of the building, flanking the sign that says "POUR*HOUSE"

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 9:24 pm   Permalink

Politiki is a sad example of the kind of unique (however strange it may be!) concept that TIKI stands for totally bypassing and being wasted on the general public.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Island Savage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-16 9:30 pm   Permalink

No offense to anyone, but my first reaction was, WTF? politiki?........I won't even go there...
But, having said that, Iam curious (morbid curiousity perhaps) to see what they look like.Can someone post a photo?

View Profile of Island Savage Send a personal message to Island Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-16 21:24, bigbrotiki wrote:
Politiki is a sad example of the kind of unique (however strange it may be!) concept that TIKI stands for totally bypassing and being wasted on the general public.

I've never actually been to the PoliTiki. All the same, the mugs are interesting and different....

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-03-16 21:37 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 9:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-16 21:30, freaky*tiki wrote:
No offense to anyone, but my first reaction was, WTF? politiki?........I won't even go there...
But, having said that, Iam curious (morbid curiousity perhaps) to see what they look like.Can someone post a photo?

The Reagan is in the front, FDR is looking on from the back...

Sven, old pic from a previous post...I swear I didn't put you next to Ronnie on purpose!

Island Savage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-16 9:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting the pic....I just found out Politiki is a bar in D.C. it's making sense now..
Isn't that photo ironic? especially after what Sven said.....I bet you must be shaking your head Sven

View Profile of Island Savage Send a personal message to Island Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 10:13 pm   Permalink

NEVER would I have thought it possible to have my (however remote) likeness shown next to this blown-out-of-proportion empty head! (this description can be read as completely factual!)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 05:09 am   Permalink

I have a Reagan, FDR, and Carter. I would love to get Lincoln and Nixon!

Kanaka

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 05:14 am   Permalink

I have a Reagan, FDR, and Lincoln. I would love to get Carter and Nixon! @ one point they were offering the full set on their site. They never did have them though. I emailed them a few times and they were always kind of cavalier about them "missing in shipping on the way to Politiki". Always had a good time there with the MDVADC Tikiphiles.

[ This Message was edited by: Turbogod on 2005-03-17 05:18 ]

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 07:14 am   Permalink

Well... I'd love the whole dang set too, but I haven't got any and Reagan is the one I want the most. I've seen some on ebay in the past, but man... I just can't swing that kind of cash right now for a mug.

Also... I'm getting a lot of snide comments pm'd to me about being a Republican. I don't lecture you on your politics or religion and I don't appreciate it from some of you. I've heard nothing but good things about (most) of you on this page but I haven't exactly recieved that kind of good vibe lately. (although I should admit some, like tiki-bot have been informative, helpful, and pretty much polite about it) I repeat... I don't want a political discussion, I'm not trolling or playing devils advocate here, I just followed some other examples of posting my "holy grail."

[ This Message was edited by: Rorysm on 2005-03-17 07:23 ]

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 09:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-16 22:13, bigbrotiki wrote:
NEVER would I have thought it possible to have my (however remote) likeness shown next to this blown-out-of-proportion empty head! (this description can be read as completely factual!)

Sven, Your likeness has now been moved as far away from Ronnie as possible in my collection!

Mike the Headhunter
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-20 01:22 am   Permalink

I have been searching for the elusive poli-tiki mugs and have only fdr, I would like a nixon but have yet to even see a picture of one(now this is where some lucky collector's picture of one is entered in to the mix).

View Profile of Mike the Headhunter Send a personal message to Mike the Headhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation