FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Building my Bar...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Building my Bar...
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-16 12:05 pm   Permalink

Anyone else out there in the process of building or have built their own tiki bar? I've just finished off my 2nd frame (1st wasn't sturdy enough for my drunken friends) and the wife asked if it could be any bigger... I thought 6 feet wide was good enough. I should have it finished by the weekend except for the tiki face on the front which I'm carving myself.

I'd post some pics but I don't know how, anyone got pics they'd like to share, or tell me how to post pics and I'll share my basement with the world?

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 12:07 pm   Permalink

Go here for info on pics , and then test in the testing forum to get the hang of it.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/faq.php#embed

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-16 12:33 pm   Permalink

Step 2. screwed me, I'm on a Mac and there is only one click!

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 12:42 pm   Permalink

I'm on a Mac too ... once you get the picture in Shutterfly, hold down the control key and click the mouse over the picture ... select "open image in new window" ... then copy the url of that new window, go back to tiki central, go to the "test area" first to play around, then paste the url in a msg, being careful to bracket the url with (img) and (/img) but substitute "( )" with "[ ]" (can't use the right symbols in this text because it will not display properly.

I hope this is sufficiently confusing.

[ This Message was edited by: Satan's Sin on 2005-03-16 12:44 ]

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-16 1:06 pm   Permalink

O.K. here we go:

This is the frame of the bar, I have added a shelf on the left of the frame since this was taken.

(updated below)

This is my display shelf but I've run out of room and don't want to cram my mugs in so you can't see them.

(updated below)

Here's the booth I made from old church pews.

(updated below)

And the other side of the room is going to be all 50s.

(updated blow)

All of my thatching has come down while I redo the room, but I'll update the pictures of the bar after the weekend.

Thanks Satan's Sin for the help, I'm glad to see another Mac user out there.

[ This Message was edited by: roadkutter on 2005-03-22 13:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: roadkutter on 2005-04-28 11:37 ]

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 1:07 pm   Permalink

Very nice , glad to see the rods mixed in with the mugs . Cant wait to see more.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-16 2:04 pm   Permalink

Outstanding!

I particularly like the booth --

Don't stint on lava lamps!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-16 2:33 pm   Permalink

The wife is going to re-upholster the bench seats with tiki decals on them. it's kinda hard to tell but the room looks alot better when the lites are dimed... now where have I've that before?

It seems like things are sometimes moving backwards especially when I had to pull everything down and rebuild the bar but that's the price you have to pay got get it the way you want.

roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-22 12:52 pm   Permalink

Here's my tiki for the front of the bar so far, did a bit more last weekend but didn't take photos:

Next time I'll start with a piece of better wood, better than the piece I BORROWED from the construction site next door!

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 4:46 pm   Permalink

I love the booth idea! Can't wait to see the finished product.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 7:39 pm   Permalink

Roadkutter, this tiki looks great. You may want to crve about 5 to 10 of these and put a couple on your bar and SELL the Rest right here. You would have No trouble selling those. Nice

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
theartcoach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-25 08:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-22 12:52, roadkutter wrote:
Here's my tiki for the front of the bar so far, did a bit more last weekend but didn't take photos:
Next time I'll start with a piece of better wood, better than the piece I BORROWED from the construction site next door!

what is that pine? what size??

[ This Message was edited by: theartcoach on 2005-04-25 08:40 ]

View Profile of theartcoach Send a personal message to theartcoach  Email theartcoach     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-25 3:42 pm   Permalink

Yep it pine, did the knotts give it away? They were using them next door between the first and second floors on the construction site. A couple of 2"x9" by 12+ feet planks handed in my basement and became the top for my bar, the top for my booth table and leftovers to make some carvings out off.

I'm a first time carver and decided to use what wood was "LAYING" around! I'll have to update the Bar pictures, I have just about finished it.

Thanatos
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 4:50 pm   Permalink

Looks great. I love my bar, you will too.

View Profile of Thanatos Send a personal message to Thanatos  Email Thanatos     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
theartcoach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-25 8:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-25 15:42, roadkutter wrote:
Yep it pine, did the knotts give it away? They were using them next door between the first and second floors on the construction site. A couple of 2"x9" by 12+ feet planks handed in my basement and became the top for my bar, the top for my booth table and leftovers to make some carvings out off.

I'm a first time carver and decided to use what wood was "LAYING" around! I'll have to update the Bar pictures, I have just about finished it.

I think it is great...I was thinking about using pine as well...can you show pic of tools you are using, please?

View Profile of theartcoach Send a personal message to theartcoach  Email theartcoach     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation