FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving My first public tiki bar installations... Fountain added 4-20-05
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
My first public tiki bar installations... Fountain added 4-20-05
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 11:45 am   Permalink

I meet this week with restaurant owners who are opening a tropical/tiki themed place on lakefront property. Trying to restrain my excitement and hoping this works out... they sought me out which is a good thing. Sounds like time is of the essence so I could be quite busy.

Tiki is returning to Wisconsin.

I'll post updates when I find out more and I'll show progress on this thread...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-04-05 21:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-04-19 21:06 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 11:46 am   Permalink

Where exactly?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 11:52 am   Permalink

Awesome Lake. Been a long time coming for you. Congrats. Hope it all works out for ya!

Rock On......

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 12:00 pm   Permalink

Congrats , From what I have read your do. The wind here is blowing from the west , So I burned some shavings as a offering for ya.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 12:01 pm   Permalink

I have layed all my chisels out to form the work "LAKE". I bow down to them and pay homage to the tiki gods and ask that they bestow success upon you.

Excellent news. You have earned it.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 12:02 pm   Permalink

Good Luck LakeSurfer. Sounds like the kind of break we all wish for.
When we first moved to the little town we now reside in, there was a cool little restaurant called Hawaii Kai. The place was nicely decorated inside, but they had no Tikis. This seemed like a Godsend. It was owned by a Hawaiian/Irish(?!)woman who was a retired Polynesian entertainer. I thought maybe after we ate there a few times, I could get around to striking up a conversation and maybe even donate a couple of TIkis for display.
It was a good plan, but the food was horrible and the service was worse. Still, I thought if I just choked down a couple meals I could get in with these folks and maybe make something happen. A month later they went out of business. Now it's a bar with Karaoke, that serves Guinness, so they call themselves an British pub.

Hope your story ends better than mine!

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 12:22 pm   Permalink

That is sensational! Fingers and toes all crossed this works out!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 1:52 pm   Permalink

Sacrificing small rodents tonight at the firepit bruddah! Good Luck! I am sure your work will blow them away! Mahalo!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 2:04 pm   Permalink

Tiki's with CheeseHeads?

WI? WI NOT!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 2:58 pm   Permalink

A big break, and you get a tiki bar to hang out in. Great news. If the bar owner needs a reference, send him to TC.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 3:24 pm   Permalink

Way to go Laker, you have earned it. I don't think you need any voodoo because you got it In the Bag, bro. All that hard work may start paying off now for you.
Yeay Lake, Yeay Lake, Yeaaay Lake.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 5:27 pm   Permalink

mana o'plenty to you, lad! all the best.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-03-17 5:56 pm   Permalink

excellent news Lake Surfer!!

i hope this makes up for that art festival where people passed you by!

hey Seamus: is Waldport Oregon anywhere near Vancouver WA? because Patrick's Hawaiian Cafe is a place with excellent food and service, a fun tropical/hawaiian atmosphere, but sadly is a tiki-free zone! if you get a chance to go sometime, it sure could use a touch of tiki!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 6:01 pm   Permalink

Way Cool!

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 07:53 am   Permalink

Thanks all! Today's the day... I trudge off this afternoon through a blinding snowstorm... hopefully to find a tiki paradise...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation