FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Helping all to find your # 1 mug...UPDATED 7/23/05!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Helping all to find your # 1 mug...UPDATED 7/23/05!
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 4:14 pm   Permalink

I think we should start a list of the # 1 mug everybody would like to have. That way, if I know so and so wants a certain mug and I happen to see it, I can pick it up for them, and we all can do the same (I guess this would only apply to vintage mugs). Or start trading for your favorite mug.

For me, still no luck, so I have expanded my list a little, here it goes...first mug I'm looking for was made by Into The Volcano that is on the inside cover of Tiki News Magazine # 17, the mug that looks cracked with the tongue sticking out. The second mug I'm looking for is Munktiki's Digs. The third mug I'm looking for was made by Tiki Bob's and other restaurants. It is mug with the green eyes and his tongue sticking out.

I have lots of mugs to trade for these mugs or will even purchase. If you have these mugs to trade, send me a pm with what you would like in trade or a $.

Thanks!

Atomicchick

[ This Message was edited by: atomicchick 2005-08-11 21:43 ]

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 4:45 pm   Permalink

Oh, I don't ask for much...just that Stephen Crane Tiki bowl, the one with the Luau Tikis supporting the bowl decorated with those midcentury modern leaf patterns. A cinch.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 4:48 pm   Permalink

The SHAG mug that's in his night of the tiki painting "The Incredible Bartender", to match my print.

Not dying without it though.

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 4:48 pm   Permalink

I'll take one of those Ren Clark severed heads, please!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 5:12 pm   Permalink

I was debating about posting. But what the hell:

My grail is the Mauna Loa Drum mug

followed by the Chin Tiki mug and finally the other Mauna Loa mugs. Are you sensing a Detroit theme here?

should anyone have one to spare, feel free to email me with proposed donations or blue light specials.

-Z

(seriously, aside from a generous saint or 2, why would the average person give up a rare mug cheaply when they could put it on Ebay and pay a full month worth of gas... call me jaded, but have you seen the prices at the pumps lately?)

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-17 7:13 pm   Permalink

mine is a Frankoma war god so if anyone has an extra just let me know!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 05:27 am   Permalink

Vintage Don the Beachcomber Rum Barrell.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 07:03 am   Permalink

to bigbro,do you have a pic of the bowl you seek? TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 09:35 am   Permalink

So many mugs.... Right now I would like to find a Trader Vics Starboard Light mug. The green glass one please, not the ceramic one. I have an extra Port Light mug that I am willing to trade for it, or I am happy to pay a reasonable sum if that is preferred.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-03-18 09:36 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki D
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-18 10:18 am   Permalink

what the heck, I'll through my hat in.

my ultimate, can't live without it mug is the Chin Tiki mug!

View Profile of Tiki D Send a personal message to Tiki D      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rorysm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 1:23 pm   Permalink

Mine is the TJMaxx suffering bastard with oil infused red beans in it.

Not really... as I said on another topic-I want the Reagan Politiki mug most.

View Profile of Rorysm Send a personal message to Rorysm  Goto the website of Rorysm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-18 07:03, TIKI DAVID wrote:
to bigbro,do you have a pic of the bowl you seek? TD

Yeah, in the menu...or on page 77 and 78 of Tiki Quest.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 3:42 pm   Permalink

mine #1 would be a lanai fog cutter mug. or a t3 or a kahiki mystery bowl or a mai kai mystery bowl or kowloon signature tiki mug and so on and so on and so on.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-18 4:37 pm   Permalink

I have an idea. Why don't we create a thread or forum for people to trade mugs? No selling, only trading. People can post whatever they have to trade, what they're looking for, etc. It could be a thread in Tiki MarketPlace, or it could be it's own forum. Who knows, someone might be willing to trade an extra mauna loa drum mug or something equally as rare, for 3 or 4 other limited edition mugs, or prints, or whatever. But you could also trade some of your regular less exclusive mugs that you have extra of, or are tired of, for something different.

You can call the thread "Tiki Trading", or something similar. I'm not going to be crushed if this doesn't happen, but it seems like there is enough interest for it to work - most people that I know pick up an extra limited edition mug when available to use to trade for other mugs, rather than selling on ebay, which I think kind of fits the Aloha Spirit better. What does everyone think of this idea? Hanford? Martin? Mig?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-27 06:21 am   Permalink

It took me awhile to decide what my ultimate mug would be, because I basically have nothing (most of my mugs are newer ones from the Mai Kai). I *love* the Coco Joe's Volcano mug from Tiki Quest page #22.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation