[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Bandsaw Bites
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Bandsaw Bites
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 05:34 am   Permalink

Here is what happens when you just Touch a sharp, moving, band saw blade with your fingernail.

This is one of those "you're SO Lucky" statements where you are lucky it wasn't worse but "Lucky?". If you were lucky, it wouldn't have happened at all!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 05:45 am   Permalink

Your carivngs looks so life-like! I would swear that was a real finger.

But seriously, could you just stop hurting yourself please?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 08:36 am   Permalink

BZ, you really need this table saw I saw on some HG tv show. WHen any skin touches the blade, it closes a circuit that causes the blade to retract into the table in a millisecond. The demo was pretty cool (they used a hot dog). All it did was leave a tiny nick, less severe than these pics you posted.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 09:27 am   Permalink

Ben , Please be careful. Do you know how important those hands are to us.
Maybe we should take a collection to insure them through lloyds of london.
If J-lo can insure her ass and Tina Turner has leg coverage, Benzarts hands should be too.
All kidding aside glad to see your okay and my thoughts are with you as your surgery aproaches..

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 09:57 am   Permalink

Thanks guys, you must think I'm a Klutz or something like that. It really looks worse than it is, but it sure freaked Sherry out when I came in holding my finger in a bloody paper towel and she asked "What did you do"?. When she heard the word BandSaw, she didn't hear anything else. She thought I had cut it off. Really it isn't that bad.
Thanks

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keigs20
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 09:59 am   Permalink

damn Benz you are scaring the hell out of me. I have almost made a few mistakes with my bandsaw it is easy to do. You need some special saw and chisel proof gloves. Glad it was not worse..

View Profile of keigs20 Send a personal message to keigs20  Email keigs20 Goto the website of keigs20     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 10:03 am   Permalink

Power tools scare me... especially table saws... the boards always kick back at me. The bandsaw scares me alot too but I keep fingers as far away as possible.
Anything with high rpm can do big time damage... I've had a few run ins with the angle grinder...

Take care of yourself Ben...

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 10:29 am   Permalink

Welcome to the club of almost missing fingers.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
yumyumkid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-21 11:14 am   Permalink

Three words Ben: Chain Mail Glove

Also comes in handy when challenging someone to a duel.

View Profile of yumyumkid Send a personal message to yumyumkid  Email yumyumkid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 1:28 pm   Permalink

Correct me if I'm wrong Benz, but I think we have a Moai here.
Can you say "Ebay"?
Glad to know you're not looking for a high school wood shop-teaching job (four finger prerequisite).

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 1:57 pm   Permalink

WOW, Yes it's a moai. I wonderif I cna get the whole nail off the finger and put it in a baggie. What do you think it's worth 60G? More??
Thanks Unga.
Thanks to everybody else too, I appreciate your interest in preserving my fingers.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 2:43 pm   Permalink

Was that the middle finger? I'm glad you still have it to tell us all that we're #1.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-21 08:36, Tiki-bot wrote:
BZ, you really need this table saw I saw on some HG tv show. WHen any skin touches the blade, it closes a circuit that causes the blade to retract into the table in a millisecond. The demo was pretty cool (they used a hot dog). All it did was leave a tiny nick, less severe than these pics you posted.

Tiki-bot's probably talking about SawStop. The
viedos of the hotdog demo are impressive.

[ This Message was edited by: Philot on 2005-03-22 08:01 ]

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 10:29 am   Permalink

Ben hope that filangee is doing ok. That nail should be coming off soon enough! Sell that sucka!

Hey Yum Yum kid. How does that medieval looking glove feel on your hand. Can you still grip things good with it? Looks like a good idea to me.....What do you call it actually. Is it shark proof?

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 10:48 am   Permalink

groovy.

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2005-03-22 10:49 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation