Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Space Rock
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 07:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-21 16:42, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
HA!

that reads like an inventory list of my wifes' record collection... she has everything except BOC, Warlocks & Darkside. PM me with a list of the songs your looking for. I, of course, wouldn't dream of violating copyright laws, but she might

Also worth checking out:

Extascy of St. Teresa
Can
NEU!
Amon Duul
Harmonia
Sun Ra

A great resource is the book Krautrocksampler by Julian Cope.

let me know what you need.

I was trying to stay away from straight Krautrock, but I've been looking for songs from Can's "Monster Movies" album and music from the German Kozmic Rock or Kosmische Musik bands that have more space-themed lyrics or more of the Psych-drone sound. I'm thinking of maybe making a separate disk for the Krautrock and Space Jazz stuff like Sun Ra & Vern's CD sampler. They don't nescisarily go together, but they don't go with the Psych/Prog Rock or newer Space Drone, either.

I'd be appreciative of any music you could help with, espescially the newer bands like EAR & Spaceman 3. I'll be PMing you soon.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 09:51 am   Permalink

Freddie,

Thank you for imparting your knowledge on this...If I had known that you know far more than me, I would have kept my mouth shut...

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-21 13:36, Johnny Dollar wrote:
not rock, but firmly within the genre:

"the terrible secret of space" by the laziest men on mars

J$, I'll take a listen tonight, no matter how tight I try to pull the genre description in there's just too much cool stuff out there to listen to...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-22 10:05, freddiefreelance wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-03-21 13:36, Johnny Dollar wrote:
not rock, but firmly within the genre:

"the terrible secret of space" by the laziest men on mars

J$, I'll take a listen tonight, no matter how tight I try to pull the genre description in there's just too much cool stuff out there to listen to...

seems like that link is for a remix; i got the original off of mp3.com but it's not there anymore this is by the same group that made "all your base are belong to us."

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 12:14 pm   Permalink

How about Powerman 5000's "Look To The Sky" - more loungy than their harder edged stuff.

B-52's "There's A Moon In The Sky (It's Called The Moon!)

A couple people here have mentioned Monster Magnet - they did a great cover of Black Sabbath's "Into The Void", but it would be much more hard edged than what you want for this collection - but would definitely work well with your classic rock line-up idea.

Yeah, you have to get some Man Or AstroMan? stuff on there, without a doubt.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 3:56 pm   Permalink

http://www.aquariusrecords.org

do a search on Space Rock!

Aquarius is my favorite record store ever. I can't say enough nice things about the folks that work there, their dedication to sourcing indie music, and their general niceness and lack of 'record store clerk' pretensions, ("you're still listening to THAT?") They have lots of mp3's on their site, which you probably can't use for your purpose, but you will surely find a nugget or 2 you'll eventually feel compelled to buy, and they do mail order! Support them, they are what's right and good about indie music!
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-25 12:34 am   Permalink

Space Junk - DEVO
Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sanatra
Moonchild - King Crimson
Life On Mars - Barbra Streisand
Flying Saucer Attack - The Rezzillos
Starship - MC5
Big Eyed Beans from Venus - Capt. Beefheart
Moonraker - Shirley Bassey
Satellite of Love - Lou Reed
Mr. Spaceman - the Byrds

[ This Message was edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2005-03-25 17:14 ]

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 7:49 pm   Permalink

Low LiFi - Launch Patterns for the Space Age Girl.mp3

Here's a jazzy little number I found while looking for some spacey Helios Creed (of all things), it doesn't exactly go with the space Rock theme, but I think I might make a separate disk of Space Jazz/Kosmische Muzic/Classically-based Space Muzic.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation