FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Backyard Volcano Ideas?
Backyard Volcano Ideas?
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 2:25 pm   Permalink

So I'm planning my 2nd Annual Tiki Bash, and would like to do up a volcano in the backyard. I was originaly thinking just a 2D cutout of a volcano with a a fan blowing tinsel at the top with a red light shining on the tinsel. The I was thinking I could add an fog machine to simulate smoke. I was thinking something between 7 to 10 feet high and situated in the corner of my backyard.

But I'd really like to do something in 3 dimensions instead of 2.

I'm open to any ideas on how to make this a really cool volcano.

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 2:29 pm   Permalink

If it's just temporary, you could go with the old chicken wire / paper-mache. Paint it up and you're good to go...

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 2:55 pm   Permalink

we do something similar to what matt was talking about for our end of summer luau we do at our church. it's made out chicken wire and paper mache. we use some plastic to make little channels for "lava" to flow down it, paint the plastic red, hook up a pond pump and tubing to run the water to the top and it runs down the volcano into the pond below. you can add dry ice to it for an effect or we use a smoke machine at the top so it blows smoke every so often. it's easy to make and easy to tear down.

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 4:47 pm   Permalink

Don't forget to have a doll with a tiki mask getting ready to throw a virgin doll into the volcano's mouth!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 6:14 pm   Permalink

check out this thread:

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=4699&forum=1

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation