FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Who's da Big Kahuna?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Who's da Big Kahuna?
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 4:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha kanes and wahines!
I just finished up this big sign for a client in Hawaii and thought I'd show it to you. It is for some new tiki bar in Waikiki. I just sprayed the sealer coat on it and we are shipping it tomorrow. I know UPS will cost a lot, but the client is willing to pay for it. The post office won't take anything this big - it is six and a half feet long by two and a half feet high and it is heavy, solid redwood. I haven't weighed it yet. Any other ideas on how to ship it that might be cheaper than UPS?
Mahalo

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 4:35 pm   Permalink

Sweet work! Nice lines and theme. I know alot of work went into it as well! Mahalo Bruddah!! You are the big Kahuna!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scaperman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-21 5:19 pm   Permalink

Wow that looks awesome,nice design

View Profile of scaperman Send a personal message to scaperman  Email scaperman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 5:31 pm   Permalink

FANTASTIC!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 5:48 pm   Permalink

YOU da Big Kahuna!
Fabtastic!

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-21 5:51 pm   Permalink

I love your signs, my friend! You always do such a great job.

If they're willing to pay why not just do UPS?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 5:57 pm   Permalink

Your signs never fail to make me drool all over.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 8:36 pm   Permalink

Step 1. Research
Step 2. Build Matter Transporter
Step 3. Ship

Big! Pretty!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 8:57 pm   Permalink

Damn Paul!!! Ive said it before and I will say it again. Your work kicks ass!!!!

Terrific sign.

We get compliments on ours from every visitor to our home.

Thats a monster

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 8:57 pm   Permalink

Wow! I'm always blown away by how great your works looks... one of these day I hope to own a Pariarts original!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 9:07 pm   Permalink

Hire me! I'll take it over there for you..hehehe

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiEAMES
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-21 9:16 pm   Permalink

bax global for when brown is just that--a turd.

tikieames

View Profile of tikiEAMES Send a personal message to tikiEAMES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 05:37 am   Permalink

Another Great one, Excellent sign.
Shipping can be done thru Trucking companies pretty easily. Just crate it and take it to their facility. Another possibility is "Go Greyhound" I shipped a dolphin coffee table by greyhound once. The glass top was a 6 foot by 3/4 inch oval and weighe in at 250 pounds in the crate and the dolphin was also 6 ft and weighed the same. Put it right on the bus.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 05:48 am   Permalink

Does Greyhoud go from California to Hawaii? I suppose that would be cheaper than flying.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 08:51 am   Permalink

Aloha all,
Thanks for all the nice comments. We're heading out to UPS in a few minutes. The client is okay with economy shipping because he says they are still waiting for other work to be done on the place, so no rush. I looked into flying over and taking it on the plane with me, but the airlines won't take anything that big! Too bad, I almost got a free trip to Honalulu!! Oh well.

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation