FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Who's da Big Kahuna?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Who's da Big Kahuna?
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 09:29 am   Permalink

I love your signs guys. Hey, don't the take surfboards on airlines?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 09:41 am   Permalink

pariartspaul, you missed your chance to build a balsa wood raft and sail it over yourself!

beautiful work ~ hey do you have the address of the new locale? it should be entered into "locating tiki" so the TC ohana can experience / inform!

mahalo,

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pariartspaul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 08:25 am   Permalink

Da Big Kahuna bar is going to be somewhere in the Coral Reef Hotel on Kuhio Ave in Honolulu. They are still working on it - I don't know when it will open.

Shipping update - We brought the sign over to UPS day before yesterday and they weighed it (52 lbs) and quoted us $456 to ship and another $85 to pack it. I told them they were crazy. So they said they could just wrap it in cardboard to get the size down, but they couldn’t insure it and it would cost $240 to ship plus the $85 to pack it. I walked out.

I called Hawaiian Airlines and explained and they put me in touch with a freight company here in Sacramento who gave me a quote of only $85.40 for the shipping with $1000 insurance - believe it or not. They put me in touch with their professional packers who will pack it in Styrofoam and heavy cardboard plus deliver it to the shipping company for $139.55.

View Profile of pariartspaul Send a personal message to pariartspaul  Email pariartspaul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 12:51 pm   Permalink

Well,I'm amazed!I love the tiki mug with the sly grin-you did a wonderful job on that sign!It never fails to floor me how many extremely creative people are TC members.It would be terrific if it all could be put into a book-just superior craftsmanship.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation