FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » what are the most popular drinks
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
what are the most popular drinks
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-21 7:11 pm   Permalink

So I am wondering what are the most popular drinks that everybody is familiar with and serves up or drinks? Are these names trademarked and all that stuff? So whatcha got peeps?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 1:32 pm   Permalink

Lets see...:

1. the Mai Tai

2. The MAI TAI

-"-
-"-
-"-
6. The Fog Cutter

7. The Navy Grog

....Danny, I think that question is hard to answer, because everybody has their individual fave, which also changes from bar to bar, and AT each bar:

At Madam Wu's it was Tony Ramos' Fog Cutter, at the Tiki Ti it WAS the Navy Grog, then the Great White, then the Hawaiian Twist, then the Missionairy's Downfall, and at the moment I discovered their Chief Lapu Lapu for myself...

And don't worry about copyrights, except for the Mai Tai there never was a legal precedence set, and tons of companies sell tons of various cocktail mixes under their original names without having asked permission of the recipes' authors.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-22 3:40 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 12:12 am   Permalink

Hey thanks Sveny!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 09:03 am   Permalink

Mai Tais, Pain Killers and Test Pilots are very popular at our bar.

For parties we like the Barbencourt Punch or Coronado Luau Punch.

We use the grog log recipes.

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MonkeyBoy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-23 12:58 pm   Permalink

Here at The Durukuli it is far and away the Go Go Monkey, tho' Humu found it too sweet. When the weather improves, we hope 'TC' which of our house drinks is tops. There seems to be an outside chance that we may even do a house mug!....];-}>. BTW, the 'monkey is a rum-pineapple-banana-ez cacao concoction. Cheers, Timmy

View Profile of MonkeyBoy Send a personal message to MonkeyBoy  Email MonkeyBoy Goto the website of MonkeyBoy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 7:03 pm   Permalink

House specialties of the Castaway Lounge are:

-Trader Vic's Mai Tai
-Beachbum's Own
-Navy Grog
-'Serve-yourself' Chief Lapu Lapu (made 5 gallons at a time)

Oh, and AGWA shots...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 8:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys ];-{>

mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 9:15 pm   Permalink

oh yeah, and after we visited the Lagoon Room, we came home and planted mint and a lime tree! (thanks AlnShelly for that inspiration...) nothing better than a home grown mai tai!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 1:07 pm   Permalink

I mix Mai Tais the most often, followed by Singapore Slings, Painkillers, and Blue Hawaiians. Variations on the classic Rum Punch, Coconaut Re-Entries, and a classic Ti Punch are usual suspects as well.

Had a guy at the last Moai Luau order a ton of Red Tides. They're pretty good so long as you use real Grenadine and not Rose's. We only had Rose's that night because I forgot to bring any of the real stuff, but the dude seemed to love the things in spite of it. He drank eight of 'em in a row. Ech...Roses...

Of course the most requested concoction among non-tiki folk when I'm mixing is a Mojito. Which is okay by me, 'cause I love 'em myself and make a fine one.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-03-24 2:12 pm   Permalink

Mojito
Mai Tai
Suffering Bastard
ZOMBIE!
Singapore Sling
Ramos Gin Fizz
and (of course)
Dry Gin (Bombay Sapphire) Martini

[ This Message was edited by: PiPhiRho on 2005-03-29 20:27 ]

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 2:15 pm   Permalink

I usually serve (besides Reverb Crash and other original creations, of course):

Trader Vic's Grog
Chief Lapu Lapu
Pieces of Eight

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 7:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the help peeps.

MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 9:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-21 19:11, thechikitiki wrote:
So I am wondering what are the most popular drinks that everybody is familiar with and serves up or drinks? Are these names trademarked and all that stuff? So whatcha got peeps?

This post concerns me.
Holden

...peepz.

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2005-03-29 22:14 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 10:20 pm   Permalink

I LIKE HORNY MONKEYS!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation