FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Chainsaws ... Gas vs. Electric , whats better?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Chainsaws ... Gas vs. Electric , whats better?
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 2:10 pm   Permalink

hmmm...I just went to home depot today, I saw a Remington 3.0 16" for $59. Went to sears next, thet had a 14" 2.5 on sale for $49.
I love the stuff you were looking at AA, but I'm not spending over $60.
I think I might try the sears craftsman at 2.5. I'm dainty with the big stuff, so it's probably all I need. I like the lightness of the 14", if it was 1.5, I wouldn't do it.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 04:12 am   Permalink

Rodeo, In my own opinion of course, if you are going to be carving a lot of tikis, spend the extra money and get something that is well made and will last you a while. I'd go with the Makita if I were you. Remember, it takes money to make money....and that is what your out to do right? I went through(3) cheap angle grinders in 6 months before I broke down and bought a Makita......1 year later it's still kickin' like new.

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation