[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Book of Tiki at Old Navy
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Book of Tiki at Old Navy
Dawn32
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 09:41 am   Permalink

At the check out at Old Navy the Book of Tiki is there in mini form. They are also send a gift card box set which contains 4 different cards (12 cards total). They seem to be getting there share of Taschen stuff cause they also have a Surfing notebook.
Oh I was at Party Central party store and they were sticking out there summer stuff and they have those Hula Monkees that looked like they are carved from coconuts.

View Profile of Dawn32 Send a personal message to Dawn32  Email Dawn32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 10:18 am   Permalink

Wow, cool, that will be the "censored" version! Gotta check it out, have not seen it yet.
Quiz: WHERE in comparison to the first "Tiki Style" Icon book have the images been supplemented?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 11:47 am   Permalink

Monday night when my wife told me she had gone to Old Navy and had seen this tiki book they were selling...she said she flipped through it and it looked a lot like BOT...I wonder why? I was still pissed that she didn't buy it for me!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 12:25 pm   Permalink

I just picked one up on my lunch break for the kids. They get excited about my BOT -- so much so that my daughter dropped it the other night and partly ripped the cover off. The fact that it was kind of beat up already from having exchanged hands 1000+ times didn't help it stay together.

At $7.50 for the Icons book, they can rip it and I'll just go out and get another one.

BTW Sven, Christian won't let me touch the one you signed and gave to him...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-23 12:25, PolynesianPop wrote:

BTW Sven, Christian won't let me touch the one you signed and gave to him...

Well that's understandable, look what you DO to a perfectly fine book!!!

BTW, I think it is time that Poly Pop shares some of the pages of his unique BOT here on TC, for the outlanders....how about posting some of the best !?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 1:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-23 12:40, bigbrotiki wrote:

BTW, I think it is time that Poly Pop shares some of the pages of his unique BOT here on TC, for the outlanders....how about posting some of the best !?

You know what, thats a good idea! I'll scan some pages and post when I get a chance -- there's some good stuff there.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 6:07 pm   Permalink

I am proud to announce that I now have earned the true mark of distinction for an author, I officially have become censored!

I was aware that because the tough conditions that The Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic puts in their vendor qualification rules, all frontal nudity had to be replaced for the Old Navy Tiki Icon version (QUIZ: Which !?), but now that I have a copy I find that one section of text has also been cut:

In "Tiki who was he?", the 3rd, (phallic) definition, with offending words like "penis" (Yuk!) and clitoris (te-he, snicker) has been completely omitted and replaced by definition Nr. 4, god of the artists. No hanky panky for Old Navy!

It is only fair then that, for the loss of boobage and smut words, you have to pay 2.50 less than the normal version....(but you get 6 never before published images! (Quiz: Which?))

The four greeting card motifs come in a very cool orange flower patterned cardboard box with velcro latch (5.- bucks for 12 cards and envelopes). Not a bad product, wish it would be more widely available than only Old Navy stores.

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 7:23 pm   Permalink

Congrats Sven! Though I don't think that anything or anyone should ever be fucking censored, the world of tiki will now be opened to many more unsuspecting future TCers. I'll run down this weekend to pick up a copy, as well as some cargo pants and maybe a button up plaid shirt. I'm serious!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 7:23 pm   Permalink

oops, hit the submit twice...

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2005-03-23 19:25 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 8:37 pm   Permalink

BOT at Old Navy? What's next...Mai Tais at Bennigan's?

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-23 11:55 pm   Permalink

Just to clear up the slightly misleading headline of this post:

We are talking about the CONDENSED version of the BOT here, the 5x8 inch, 192 page "TIKI STYLE", and it's Old Navy imprint of the same title, but with a slightly different cover, and censored interior (both of which I have described in previous posts on this board).

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 2:19 pm   Permalink

Ha, I had an inspiration!:

To balance out the loss of primeval mana caused by corporate paranoia in the Old Navy Tiki Icon version, I herewith offer to personally sign every copy brought to me (like at Tiki Taix, or the Tiki Ti) with my infamous quote "Tiki=Dicki" (the Tiki equivalent to E=mc2), AND ad a set of boobies next to it, restoring with my own hand what has been taken!

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 3:08 pm   Permalink

thinking out load,WHY would anyone buy something that has been censored? and how could a author let that happen? TD

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 4:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-24 15:08, TIKI DAVID wrote:
thinking out load,WHY would anyone buy something that has been censored? and how could a author let that happen? TD

???????????!

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-24 9:02 pm   Permalink

So did they leave in the pages and just cover the nipples with the words OLD NAVY. My dad thinks the reason that I like tiki is for the girls in the BOT.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation