Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Collecting Tiki Ľ Ľ Book of Tiki at Old Navy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Book of Tiki at Old Navy
Ala77

Posted: 2005-04-29 8:28 pm   Permalink

Hello all, this is my fist time posting on the Tiki Central Forum. I have however been a huge fan of this site since I stumbled a crossed it about a year ago. I was just at Old Navy today and found the package of note cards and wanted to make you guys aware of it, but you guys are quicker then me. My husband and I freaked the cashier out with our enthusiasm to buy the cards. Explaining that our first date was as the Kahiki pictured on the back of the box (Iím originally from Ohio now living in Massachusetts) She didnít really share in our excitement. I was unaware there was also a book, looks like Iíll be dragging my husband to every Old Navy in the Boston area tomorrow.

View Profile of Ala77 Send a personal message to Ala77      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 1:34 pm   Permalink

Don't walk, run! I just got to Old Navy and the Tiki Style book is clearanced at $2.99 and the note cards are $1.99. I cleaned them out. 4 books, 3 cards. I am going to check the other Old Navy when I can.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-17 5:34 pm   Permalink

Yeah, don't try the I-Drive Old Navy in Orlando because I cleared them out earlier in the week

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-26 11:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-24 14:19, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ha, I had an inspiration!:

To balance out the loss of primeval mana caused by corporate paranoia in the Old Navy Tiki Icon version, I herewith offer to personally sign every copy brought to me (like at Tiki Taix, or the Tiki Ti) with my infamous quote "Tiki=Dicki" (the Tiki equivalent to E=mc2), AND ad a set of boobies next to it, restoring with my own hand what has been taken!

Sven, if I ever see you again I'm holding you to that promise! I got a Tiki Style book for Christmas and I happens to be the "censored" Old Navy version so I dug around and found this thread. Oh, the power of the "Search" feature

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-27 08:36 am   Permalink

Ha, thanks for reminding me of that little episode, now a funny blip on the Tiki revival screen.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-13 10:46 pm   Permalink

While I was in Oahu in March I hit up a few thrift stores and I found this sealed pack of these notecards.

I thought I would search on here to figure out what year they were made.

I totally forgot I had found them until just now.

Interesting thing to find sealed in Hawaii

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation