FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge they stole arrrr name....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
they stole arrrr name....
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 4:10 pm   Permalink

My husband had the grand idea of saying "what about when they call the last name first?"-like Green,House,Green Acres,etc.Same silliness,only reversed.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 6:33 pm   Permalink

My kids name is Blue. Its a Boy - NO its not from the Movie Old School

I've heard a bunch of songs with Blue in the title and have heard of others naming their kids Blue. He does have other names but Blue is on the Birth certificate.

seems pretty cool - most friends like it but family members don't seem drawn to it YET!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 7:49 pm   Permalink

Picking out a name for our offspring is a genuinely surreal experience. It's a balancing act and guessing game all in one. Not too yuppie, not too wimpy, not so common that everyone on the playground has it, but not so rare that it freaks everyone out (I love the name "Blue", btw - I knew a girl with that name). Plus, there's the monogram issue and getting just the right syllabic cadence. "Carter" just popped into my head one day and sounded just right.

Having a name like "Green" has always been of inestimable comedic value to friends and foes alike, especially when you reverse the names like you say, and use an old-school synonymous name for "Richard". Plenty of Junior High School hilarity from that one!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 12:03 pm   Permalink

"Carter" just popped into my head one day and sounded just right.

He's named after our favorite Nobel Peace prize winner, humanitarian, Nuclear Scientist and former POTUS; James Earl Carter!

Besides, there was lust in our hearts

We bought him his first tiki shirt yesterday! It's like a little aloha shirt puppet!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 1:08 pm   Permalink

So you're calling him Carter James Earl Green? or just Carter Green?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 1:53 pm   Permalink

Carter Moosbrugger Green (Moosbrugger is my name, he doesn't get off that easy )

oh yeah, a friend of mine already emailed me a short list of future nicknames; Farter, Farter Bean... oh well. it'll toughen him up!

[ This Message was edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-03-31 13:56 ]

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 2:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-31 13:53, mrs. pineapple wrote:
Carter Moosbrugger Green (Moosbrugger is my name, he doesn't get off that easy )

oh yeah, a friend of mine already emailed me a short list of future nicknames; Farter, Farter Bean... oh well. it'll toughen him up!

[ This Message was edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-03-31 13:56 ]

With a middle name like Moosbrugger? Farter Moose-booger Green? "What color are Moose-boogers? Green!"

Gimme a call when he's school age & I'll teach him how to fight dirty.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 6:55 pm   Permalink

yep - I heard ALL the Moose burger jokes... his momma has 4 brothers, I can teach him how to fight dirty

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 9:39 pm   Permalink

Tikibot wrote:

I'm hyper-aware of monogram initials, considering mine are R.A.G.

Most people seem to think it's very fitting on me.

Yeah, everyone tells me "LAG" fits me great, too

Carter Green sounds like a hip 60's spy name to me...

or maybe a Blaxsploitation tough guy...

either way, congrats and XOX

from another Green(e)

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 09:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

Carter Green sounds like a hip 60's spy name to me...

Probably due to "Get Carter" starring Michael Caine (cool!)

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 12:40 pm   Permalink

Congrats Pineapples on your coming pineapplet!

I used to collect names (tastless, tacky, and just plain bad). This started when I worked in a hospital, so these are the legal names:

Bertha Nation
Penny Copper
Fronnie and Stara Creamer
Lapne Louplor and her brother Thip (wasn't he an enemy of Superman?)
Baby Ruth Haynes
Nate Crawford Jr III
Chiquita Bush

I got hundreds, baby. And I ain't even including the names from my substitute teaching and paper-grading days for the State of Georgia, which range from Excedric to Raygenius to Nitrogen O'Hara. And Auquick, Tamikola, Fundricka, Prodigal, Spangela, Lazonya (say it out loud), Aquanita, Beautine, Oranganika Parrott, Zenahastarus Bouche Muckle (accent mark on the 'e' of Bouche). And on and on... Ok, so I guess I did include a few of that group.

Sometimes the last name is so bad, you wonder how the kid will make it. At least The Shazamskis were kind to their daughter Mindy.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 1:15 pm   Permalink

Heard one from friend in social services the other day (Tikifish pal Alexis, this may amuse you...)

Krystal Shanda Lear

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 10:07 am   Permalink

A really nice filipino man who used to work at my company was named Sampson Tampon.

There's a Mary Christmas who lives in NYC & gets calls from all the radio stations every winter.

mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 1:50 pm   Permalink

I worked with a woman who's last name was Eisen, and she was having a battle royale with her husband about naming their daughter Fantas. And a friend in college's last name was Lux, and we'd sit around naming his future offspring: Dee, Electra, Luther, Faux...

but Green is fun! we're sticking with Carter, we've been talking to him for a week, and it seems like a nice name!

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 10:18 pm   Permalink

More bad baby names here:

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation