FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 'South Pacific' D.C. tiki gathering
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
'South Pacific' D.C. tiki gathering
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-08 12:13 pm   Permalink

Sorry I am going to miss the event also, definately down for White Sands in the spring. Hopefully we can all get together again soon though.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-08 6:17 pm   Permalink

Yes the White Sands. I had forgoten about that place. I lived in Calvert Cliffs for a year and a half while working at Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant. We spent a many a night in that place. At the time 1982 That was the only bar in a 30 mile stretch. It would be nice to go back and see the place sober. It is a nice place to spend the weekend. You have the Chesapeake Bay Calvert Marine Museum in Solomons Island and a whole lot more.

Calvert Cliffs 1982

Carroll

[ This Message was edited by: powerofthetiki on 2003-01-09 21:45 ]

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-09 08:15 am   Permalink

So Power of the Tiki, which one is you?

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
powerofthetiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-09 8:41 pm   Permalink

What do you think

View Profile of powerofthetiki Send a personal message to powerofthetiki  Email powerofthetiki Goto the website of powerofthetiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-10 08:23 am   Permalink

There is a conversation with some of the cast at washingtonpost.com 's live on-line section this afternoon (10 January). We saw the show last weekend, I think you will enjoy it.

View Profile of jtiki Send a personal message to jtiki  Email jtiki Goto the website of jtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-01-10 3:34 pm   Permalink

All of my tickets for 'South Pacific' are now spoken for. Others who find themselves at the last minute able and wanting to join us might still be able to purchase tickets directly through the Arena stage.

We also have an agenda for the day:
Saturday, January 25th

5:00 Meet at the Honolulu Restaurant in Alexandria

7:00 Drive into D.C., find parking, relax before the show (departure time is flexible)

8:00 South Pacific performance

11:20 walk to Jared's apartment (3 blocks away) for post-show drinks and tiki artwork viewing

??? visit to Poli-Tiki

Current attendance list
1-2 Vern and Kirsten
3-4 Chris and Elizabeth
5-6 Carroll and Janet
7-8 Jared and Kate
9-10 Sabina and Mike
11-12 Matt and Andrea
12-13 Jeff and Susan

Vern

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev on 2003-01-10 15:39 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-01-10 3:37 pm   Permalink

I've driven by the sign for Vera's White Sands several times, but never stopped in.

I would love to make my initial visit with some like-minded tiki friends..... which means count me in for Vera's in the Spring.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-21 09:02 am   Permalink

Aloha
I just joined this list yesterday and wanted to introduce myself to fellow DC-tiki lovers. I would love to get together sometime for tiki road trips, dining, home bar gatherings, etc. Is there anything planned besides South Pacific (this Saturday)? I wish I had joined sooner - I hate to think of missing it all. Please email me if you're interested in more get-togethers.
Finally, what IS the deal with PoliTiki? Dead or alive?

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-21 10:27 am   Permalink

Politiki is still around. BTW, they don't have any other mugs besides Reagan and FDR, got an email saying mugs made in China...blah blah...Surface shipped...blah blah...Don't know where they are.

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar

[ This Message was edited by: turbogod on 2003-01-22 09:13 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation