FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio SoCal Tour Dates just announced!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Fisherman's Vibraphonic Trio SoCal Tour Dates just announced!
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 6:56 pm   Permalink

Anyone who's had the pleasure of seeing Fisherman before doesn't need to be told to catch them at every opportunity, but to those of you who haven't seen them before... get yer keisters to these shows. Don't wait for Oasis, be sure to catch them at one of these more intimate venues as well. The Purple Orchid show last year in particular was indescribably good. Go. A few times.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 7:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-29 18:53, tikidrummer wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-03-29 12:51, mrs. pineapple wrote:
yeah... East Coast represent! Show those Apes what's what! (I'm trying to get things riled up) the Fishermen vs. Ape was the highlight of the Oasis for me last year, except for the robot sex!

robot sex? did i miss that?!? well thankyou, madame pineapple, for representing... the uhh... east coast. we on the right coast may represent but a small, small fraction of the global tiki culture, but we're still going to kick some arse... be 'ware!!

I'm originally from Philadelphia, (yooo! west philly in the house!) I only moved to San Francisco to escape the long cold winter! in exchange for the long cold summer

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 11:41 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-03-26 15:09, tikidrummer wrote:
Friends,

--Tuesday, May 3rd
at The Lava Lounge
1533 N. LaBrea Ave. Hollywood, CA (9pm/$4)

Girl Friday and myself will probably be at this performance. We will be staying just around the corner from Lava.

Should be a blast!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 1:57 pm   Permalink

I'm very excited for the Fisherman Trio's new CD and tour of SoCal, but we miss you here in NYC. When is your first gig back at Otto's? We should throw a big welcome back bash!

You Left Coasters should not miss your opportunity to see these exotica greats.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 11:31 pm   Permalink

I was listenin' to my Fisherman CD that I got last year (about this time) and paid closer attention to tenor saxman Tony Barba's work. Man, that cat blows a mean horn. Any chance he'll be makin' it out to SoCal this time around?

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-20 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-15 13:57, Urban Tiki wrote:
I'm very excited for the Fisherman Trio's new CD and tour of SoCal, but we miss you here in NYC. When is your first gig back at Otto's? We should throw a big welcome back bash!

You Left Coasters should not miss your opportunity to see these exotica greats.

Well Sir, I'm glad you asked...

We DO play at Otto's Shrunken Head every Monday...

...and THIS MONDAY will be a very special show indeed.

THIS MONDAY will be Fisherman Vibraphonic Trio's Record Release Party for their newest record "Psychic Jungle Malfunction!"
(of course there will be a second release party at The Purple Orchid on April 30th for the left coasters)

We will be pulling out all the stops... it will be our last show before we leave for California.

We will be featuring on stage the burlesque stylings of Miss Bunny Love!

Come down and pick up your own copy of "Psychic Jungle Malfunction!"

Monday, April 25th 9:30 pm
at Otto's Shrunken Head
538 E. 14th St. bet. A & B, Manhattan
******OTTO'S IS ALWAYS FREE**********

We hope to see you down there!!

--tikidrummer
Fisherman Vibraphonic Trio
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

View Profile of tikidrummer Send a personal message to tikidrummer  Goto the website of tikidrummer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-27 3:06 pm   Permalink

Hey, tiki mick here from the Smokin menehunes....I talked to your bass player for a while at the last oasis...I will probably be at the fullerton show, and can't make it to the Oasis this year, so please being extra CD's..I need to buy one at the continental.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation