FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-26 5:13 pm   Permalink

Just received the ticket booth replica. It is in perfect condition. I also got the figurine set and all the pieces are in mint condition. No broken pieces, thank god. I have to save up for the lamp.

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2005-07-27 7:29 pm   Permalink

Thought I'd post a couple pictures. The figures and the ticket booth are outstanding. Also, the packaging for the figures is really nice with great artwork on the outside of the box.

3 of the 5 figures (Ngende, Tangaroa-Ru, Rongo), plus the ticket booth in the background.

Here's the birdy on Tangaroa-Ru that's been discussed a bit above. Mine was detached too when the package arrived, and I have to admit I struggled a bit making the bird's feet sit right, but my wife took it from old fumblefingers and got the bird seated on there nice and firm. I'll add a little superglue later, to keep the bird from flying away.

Really great stuff - well painted, and of course great modeled reproductions by Kevin and Jody!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 12:38 am   Permalink

aquarj...

nice pics!

i figured i'd just glue mine together as well...in the end, a little well placed super glue will prob hold better than without.

the box graphics are taken from a really cool brochure from the premier of the tiki room in '63. shag probably doesn't want you to see this!...

i love the packaging on these figures almost more than the figures! they look so great in this cool box that its almost a shame to display them any other way. if they weren't so expensive, i'd pick up another set for display and one for the ages...

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 07:18 am   Permalink

I'm supposed to pick up my Tikis & The A-frame today... Still waiting on my Barker Bird & shirt!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 10:05 am   Permalink

tang...

pick em up? you have some connections we don't know about?;)

i should get the bird and the dedication plaque today. still waiting on the jungle cruise boat. i think the boat is what i want the most. the shirt and the tikis are definitely worth having.

chris, you should really consider the dedication plaque before it sells out. according to kevin, there's no 'plastic' in it as the description says. its an actual bronze plaque...i have a feeling when those sell out, they'll start going for huge bucks. really, a classy little piece!

between the monorails and the new tiki stuff, i'm so broke i can'y pay attention!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 10:14 am   Permalink

There's no way I can afford the plaque - I'm still trying to save for the Tangaroa lamp!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 10:32 am   Permalink

Hello Tiki Centrelites,
I've been reading this topic like crazy, man. I too have to go to Los Angeles next month to pick up my Barker Bird, Ticket Booth, Tiki Gods, and Shirt. I was so worried that the Shirt and Tiki Gods would sell out, that I ordered an extra Shirt and extra Tiki Gods which I have already received (that's the set with the broken Tangaroa-Ru). I'm looking forward to picking up the rest, but I'm afraid that the other Tangaroa-Ru might be broken as well. I'm so broke now, it's not even funny. I need to save for the next wave. That Tangaroa Lamp is beautiful and I need the Hatbox Ghost, the Mansion pewter set, and the Pirates Skull and Swords. This is going to be an expensive summer. Thank Tiki-God for credit cards. They are like free money!
Please keep your comments coming.
Your friend,
Louis

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-28 2:20 pm   Permalink

Hoo boy!

I just got my set of 5 Tiki Gods & A-Frame ticket booth...

Wow! The detail is soooooo good on the Tiki Gods! Perfectly on model, and the colors are wonderful - the box is superb, it is lined with cloth - you almost don't want to take the Tikis out of the box!

And the teeny tiny detail on the A-frame is amazing...

This is really worth the money, folks.

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 11:33 am   Permalink

well, the plaque came in and not the barker bird! the tracking said the bird was coming first...i guess i'll have another christmas on tuesday. the jungle cruise boat is still on back order.

the plaque is pretty damn cool! all metal and wood...if you have sentimentality for walt/disneyland, than the plaque is a high recommendation...

chris, perhaps we should plan a few gas station heists before the next round of releases?

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 12:31 pm   Permalink

I'll drive the getaway car....

JungleSkipperWill

Posted: 2005-07-30 12:58 am   Permalink

my Jungle boat is on back order too sniffle can't wait to get it.......
Will

View Profile of JungleSkipperWill Send a personal message to JungleSkipperWill      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-31 04:22 am   Permalink

Well, I'm lucky, in that my Tangaroa-Ru arrived in perfect condition. In regards to "value" (a subjective assignement if there ever was one) I feel that the Tiki gods were a significantly better value than the shirt. The shirt is pretty, but hardly worth $115 (when adding tax and shipping).

I was a little dissapointed in that none of the items are actually individually numbered, and rather just have such statements as "limited edition of 500". It would have been nice to have hand numbered tags, much like the Shag shirts Disney offered a few years ago. Honestly, having now seen the shirt, I think that they would have been better off having an edition of 1000, and selling them for $50 each. The workmanship of it simply isn't worth $100 (to me, I guess I should add).

I'm going to echo what someone else stated, in that I really wish that they had included Pele in the box instead of the God that lays down. It would be nice to be able to have them all displayed, and not have to find a small plate stand of some sort to prop up the one. Smally quibble, really.

As for Tangaroa, I was really looking forward to this one, until I saw the full picture. He looks de-nuded that way, with no foliage at all. I'm guessing that a full canopy would have added another $100 to the price though.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 10:51 am   Permalink

Yeah - they were limited to 5 gods for the box..... Too bad they wouldn't let them do all of them!

The shirt was hampered too by certain folks how thought no one would buy such an ugly shirt! That's why they only went with 500.... Hopefully - you will see a higher number of shirts for sale when they do the green one next Spring!

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-01 1:17 pm   Permalink

that theory makes no sense to me. it proves that decisions at disney these days are made from exec-ego rather than sound business point of view.

why not market those shirts with an open edition at $25-30 bucks a pop and make them available to anyone who wants one in adventureland? i mean, wouldn't that be cheaper to produce, less expensive to sell and satisfy the park guests?

5000 shirts $29.99 would total $149,950 in sales. at that volume, they would probably cost about $3-5 bucks to produce max. at 500 shirts at $99, that's $49,500 total sales and it probably cost them $8-12 per shirt. that hound don't hunt!!!

how many poor, chubby TCer's are going to have to squeeze into mediums and smalls? poor things....it ain't fittin', it ain't fittin'....just ain't ain't fittin!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 07:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-01 13:17, tiki1963 wrote:
<snip>
How many poor, chubby TCer's are going to have to squeeze into mediums and smalls? poor things....it ain't fittin', it ain't fittin'....just ain't ain't fittin!

But think of the windfall for Humu! Dozens of teeny-tiny shirts for her to choose from!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation