FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-25 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-24 16:41, BarkerBird wrote:

Yes, they mark down the things that don't sell.

I got me a primo 20,000 Leagues water globe for 50 bucks.

Check this deal out!

http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_id=14418&Product_Id=156594&Searchstr=leagues&Page=1

Holy Crap! Is that thing even half as cool as it looks? I gotta get me one of those!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gwenners
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-26 12:10 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2005-08-25 09:45, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-08-25 08:27, gwenners wrote:
Quote:

So close -- surely, it's the "Tickle Me, Eo!"

You are very, very SICK!!!

I will take that as a compliment!

Cheers,
Gwen Smith
(As long as I can take it with a repro host dress!)

View Profile of gwenners Send a personal message to gwenners  Goto the website of gwenners     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-26 12:44 pm   Permalink

Got my Barker Bird today. One Problem, it keeps hitting on my Mary Poppins Umbrella. Kevin Kidney, help. The Umbrella has laid eggs. What will a Barker Bird / Mary Poppins Umbrella Hybrid look like? How much are they worth?

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-30 2:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-08-25 11:26, TikiJosh wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-08-24 16:41, BarkerBird wrote:

Yes, they mark down the things that don't sell.

I got me a primo 20,000 Leagues water globe for 50 bucks.

Check this deal out!

http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSectionPage.process?Merchant_Id=2&Section_id=14418&Product_Id=156594&Searchstr=leagues&Page=1

Holy Crap! Is that thing even half as cool as it looks? I gotta get me one of those!

Yep. It illuminates from the inside. It's creepy looking. The squid moves in an eerie way too. It kind of undulates, but it's really just moving closer and farther from the lens, which makes it look like it's growing inside and pulsating.

It's very nice.

Kind of lovecraftian looking.

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-06 3:53 pm   Permalink

I just checked today and the 20,000 Leagues "snowglobes" are now selling for $109.00. Glad I got mine for $49.99.
Thanks TC for tips.

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-09 4:19 pm   Permalink

New items up today at Disneydirect.com

Haunted mansion stuff. Hatbox ghost figure. Rolly Crump arm wall sconce. Stretching portrait tapestries... much more.

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-12 8:12 pm   Permalink

Anyone waiting to get that fantastic Tangeroa Lamp - Disneyshopping.com has a 30% off coupon (use LASTCHANCE at checkout) only good until Dec. 14. The Adventureland pins are on sale already and you can add the 30% on top of it all. Have fun shopping!!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 11:10 pm   Permalink

Well - a while back I was hinting that Kevin and Jody would have a new round of amazing Disneyland items - yesterday Kevin gave me the OK to let the cat out of the bag!

If I was to pick one (manageable sized, anyway) Enchanted Tiki Room prop to bring home with me, what would it be....?

You betcha - the drummers!!!

These are actual, full-sized reproductions off the original Rolly Crump 1963 MAPO molds, hand painted, and accurate down to the last detail.

When something gets old at Disneyland (like the Gods in the lanai) - the staff shop orders a new fiberglass mold made - these are no less detailed!

I could ramble on and on - but I'll quote Kevin.

"...the tiki drummers are detailed differently on each side so that it looks like 2 different tikis when you see them in the show, though it's actually only one sculpture. The drums are two-faced and when you see them in the show, one face is always looking directly at the wall, so you only see one side at a time. I'm sure most collectors will want to get two to face each other on a shelf. The drummers are static replicas (painted in their original 1963 color scheme) and will not have animatronics in them to make them "drum", though the arms are pose-able. We did this to keep the retail low."

"...we preserved the original lighting effect inside the drum tops, which illuminates the tiki from below, making them look creepy and ominous. A dark electric cord comes out of the base and plugs into any outlet. As the tikis are obviously intended to be seen from below in the show, most people will be surprised to see that the drums have no real tops on them, but instead a covering of frosted plexiglass. This protects the lightbulb inside the drum. The plexiglass "lid" is removable and the lightbulb is replaceable when it burns out. It is a standard low-watt bulb easily bought at any store - not LEDs!"

Amazing. A limited edition of 1000, these will retail for about $179 each.

"Also, here is an image of the Tiki Room Host Shirt - GREEN version! Same cut and sizes as the previous version. Same replica tag inside the collar, and same retail: $99.95 Also same Limited Edition size: 500.

Due to many, many requests, we've made the Tiki Room Hostess Dress in Green also. There, unfortunately, is no plan at this time to make the purple version dress--but who knows the future? The green dress is pretty cool though. It is the vintage pattern - very 1960s! It's sleeveless with fabric-wrapped buttons on the shoulder straps."

So - for those of you who missed out on the first shirt - here's your chance (although I'm surprised Disney is still keeping the edition size to 500).

"The Disneyland Vintage Graphics Shirt has every original logo from the Tiki Room to Adventure Thru Inner Space and tons more in a jumbled Aloha print shirt. It comes in S,M,L,XL, & XXL - LE 500, Retail 99.95"

Really cool - and a tough toss-up for me between this and the green ETR shirt...

"... another Disneyland vintage graphics TIN SIGN set. There are 5 metal, silkscreened signs using some great graphics including the Tiki Room, taken from the 1963 "Today at Disneyland" brochure. Also, the Monsanto House of the Future, new Submarine Voyage of 1959, the original castle graphic logo, and a cute graphic of Walt's face from the original souvenir maps. LE 1000 - price $99.95."

Lastly, if any of you are in Anaheim for the NFFC show tomorrow, you may want to stop by & say hello to Kevin & Jody, who will have previews of all this merchandise that will be available in April. In particular, you may want to see their custom "one-off" conversion of the Barker Bird to "Rosita"!

Don't expect to see "Rosita" for sale - but if you stop by, Kevin may give you some tips on how to convert your extra "Juan"!

Me - I can't wait for April...

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 12:14 am   Permalink

Oh, I wish I could be there for the show. Thanks for sharing the pics -- I'd seen a large sample of the green fabric, but it's neat to see it all sewn up -- I'm excited to see how the dress turned out. Excellent to hear they were able to do fabric covered buttons, I know there'd been some concern about being able to do that affordably. THE VINTAGE LOGO SHIRT is awesome! Lovely lovely lovely. Those drummers are going to sell out likethat. Kevin & Jody know what they're doing!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 08:44 am   Permalink

Holy crap! that stuff is truly unbelievable! The host shirt and the tiki drummers...awesome.

Tanga - how does one purchase these items in april? does it go through kevin and jody, or are they only available at the park?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 6:43 pm   Permalink

The drummer was so cool in person. I can't wait to get one. $179 is beyond reasonable. The shirts are cool too. They will be the same price as last time and only have 500, 100 in each size.

Heres a crappy cell phone picture of the drummer.

Kevin was cool to talk with. The dealers room seemed smaller and I found far less tiki stuff than I did in June.
Afterward I went to disneyland and it was crowded. They had a new tiki room pin just for annual pass holders. It was cool so I bought it.

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-15 08:44, Polynesiac wrote:
Holy crap! that stuff is truly unbelievable! The host shirt and the tiki drummers...awesome.

Tanga - how does one purchase these items in april? does it go through kevin and jody, or are they only available at the park?

Hi Polynesiac -
Go to the first 2 or 3 pages of this thread - the merchandise will be offered the same way. Either through the Disney Store online, or via catalog (but I reccommend ordering online or via phone orders during the first hours available, as the Green host shirt & drummers are highly likely to sell out!).

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-30 09:41, Tangaroa wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-03-30 08:58, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
wish list for the 75th:

a pair of full size ETR drummers (that work!)

not that I'm complaining about what's available

-Z

Ummmm - I've wanted one of those guys for a looooong time.... I'm not holding my breath though......

I suppose we can exhale now???

too freakin' cool. after shooting my mouth off last year, I HAVE TO buy one.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 7:03 pm   Permalink

Holy Schnikies!!! Those drumming gods are awesome! And the shirts too! Thank you for posting this info for us, Tangaroa!!!
Cheers,
-Mai Tai

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 01:14 am   Permalink

well, wowzee wowzee woo-woo.

now, i can die and go to tiki heaven!

k and j had mentioned that they were workin' on this but i have to say, the finished product is more than can be expected.

i have a sour opinion of what disney will release, even when great guys like k and j are involved. somehow, i thought this would turn into a 're-invisioned' version of the drummer by management or perhaps a smaller, keepsake type of thing.

example: look at any "1930s" mickey mouse stuff in the disney catalog. no matter what, they HAVE to have some sub-par artist re-draw mickey rather than use an original ub iwerks pose...why, i don't know.

i'm WAY happy this is the full size version! looks amazing!

i'm definitely on my way to re-creating the glory of the tiki room in my home now! thanks for the fantastic work guys!!!!!!!

tang- we interviewed the final pieces of the puzzle for the tiki room documentary....got wally boag and richard sherman and recorded amazing stuff. will be a great surprise for tiki room enthusiasts when its finally done.....

hope you've saved some clams!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation