FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 07:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 01:14, tiki1963 wrote:
well, wowzee wowzee woo-woo.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 09:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 01:14, tiki1963 wrote:

i have a sour opinion of what disney will release, even when great guys like k and j are involved. somehow, i thought this would turn into a 're-invisioned' version of the drummer by management or perhaps a smaller, keepsake type of thing.

Originally, they were gonna force K & J to sculpt a 3/4 size - thankfully, they agreed to let them pull a casting off the original mold. I have to stress again, that these are castings off the ORIGINAL MOLD - which is one degree removed from Rolly Crump's original sculpture! In other words, this is as close as you can get to a real one - all the details will be exact... I'm very excited!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 9:24 pm   Permalink

Kevin and Jody are Tiki Gods. Bow Down!
Love,
Louis

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 9:28 pm   Permalink

What I meant to say is that if it wasn't for Kevin and Jody, Disneyland's 50th would have completely sucked!!! I liked SHAG's stuff too. And my home Tiki Room would ALSO suck big time. Disney Shopping should not be allowed to release non-Kevin and Jody collectibles....EVER.
I feel better now,
Louis

View Profile of Atomobile Send a personal message to Atomobile      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:53 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry, but was the date set for the sale of the drummers and I over read it, because I did not see any date when they will go on sale. ?
Thanks

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 01:03 am   Permalink

Thanks Atomobile for starting that other thread and Tangaroa for the photos! I'd better go get the bowdown guys again:

tangaroa

I haven't been here in a couple of weeks and the tiki enabling starts the moment I return.

Love the Crocodile Drummers and the fact that they light up!!! You could probably change the color of the bulb to suit the needs of your room too...

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2006-01-18 01:07 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 07:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 01:03, Exoticat wrote:
Love the Crocodile Drummers and the fact that they light up!!! You could probably change the color of the bulb to suit the needs of your room too...

Maybe someone with an aluminum Christmas tree has a miniature color wheel that could be put into one? If not, there are color changing LED bulbs that could be used;
some are automatic, some remote controllable.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 09:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 22:53, Unga Bunga wrote:
I'm sorry, but was the date set for the sale of the drummers and I over read it, because I did not see any date when they will go on sale. ?
Thanks

All this new merchandise is set to go on sale in April - I don't have any info other than that right now...

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:29 am   Permalink

Unga Bunga wants a drumma!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomobile
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 1:14 pm   Permalink

April 7, 2006!!!

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 3:20 pm   Permalink

You can also make anything dimmable without doing any electrical work. IKEA makes a dimmer switch that you simply plug your item into, and then you plug that into the wall.

I use one on one of my display cases that has halogens, they are too bright when the room goes into to movie theater mode (which seems all too often with near record breaking winter NW rain), but yet I still want *some* light on my tiki mugs. That reminds me, I did see a big tiki in the aquarium scene in the movie Closer a couple of weeks ago.

Back to my point: this may not be necessary for the drummers, but it might be something someone might want for something one day...and then you'll be glad you read this!

Oh, i wanted to add that Tangaroa looks like he's been separated at birth from HUNTER (from the show SURVIVOR).

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 3:26 pm   Permalink

That moai in the aquarium is almost certainly from the London Aquarium.

That's actually the very dashing Kevin Kidney in the photo on the left, not Tangaroa.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 3:42 pm   Permalink

Oh! Thanks humuhumu. Well, then i don't know what Tangaroa looks like or who his celebrity twin might be.

Also, that's just a crappy photo that i took with my camera of the tiki on the tv screen but if you want to use it go ahead...

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 15:20, Exoticat wrote:

Oh, i wanted to add that Tangaroa looks like he's been separated at birth from HUNTER (from the show SURVIVOR).

NOOOOOOO!!!!

I am not Kevin and he is not me! I am the poster of this thread - Kevin & Jody get all the credit for bringing these awesome products to life....

fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 7:06 pm   Permalink

wow- I am really stoked on all these new items. I will be buying a pair of those drummers for sure.

I have a question about the shirts- how do the sizes run? Say, if i wear a XL tshirt, will the XL shirt be about right, or are they on the big side? What is the material they are printed on?

I think its cool that there's green ones now..

I used to have an original purple one in a little kid's size, but I sold it at the Dionysus Derby way back in the day. Now that I have a 2 year old, i kick myself. I also passed on buying Shag's "Presentation of the Swizzle Stick" for $500 that night.. what drug was I on? It ended up in the "Collection of Ben Stiller"

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation