FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-26 3:01 pm   Permalink

FYI;

Earlier today I checked the Disneystore website. The giant Tiki Drummer figures have been marked down to $119. With an extra 10% off post-Xmas coupon promotion, and free shipping, I was able to order one for a total cost of $108.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-30 08:24 am   Permalink

As of today the Enchanted Tiki Room dress is $39.99!!!! Maybe other discounts with any coupons???

Enchanted Tiki Room DressSale: $39.99

Was: $99.00 (Item #57697M)

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-30 1:44 pm   Permalink

Aaaaaaaargh!

I just saw the cool dress and shirt combo! And the shirts are GONE! Waaaaaah! We are off to D-Land this April for Ms. VanTiki's B-day - perhaps I'll find a shirt tucked behind a rack somewhere....

Ordering the dress now - hope I get the right size...

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Akamu-Kamaka

Posted: 2007-01-31 1:57 pm   Permalink

The Tiki Drummers are GONE, and Disney has shut down their creative collectible
devision. Kevin and Jody were let go. Looks like this is the end of high quality collectibles.

View Profile of Akamu-Kamaka Send a personal message to Akamu-Kamaka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-01 8:28 pm   Permalink

Vantiki,
The shirts have been gone for quite some time now. The purple host shirt went on sale 18 months ago, and the green version went on sale almost a year ago. Since there were only 100 shirts made in each size - 500 total in purple and 500 total in green - the popular sizes like XL were snatched up right away.

These shirts were only available online, and not at the theme parks, so I seriously don't think you'll be able to find one at Disneyland. But not to despair, they're still obtainable. Your best bet to get one of the shirts is to purchase it off of ebay, or buy one at one of the events like Mondo Lounge, Viva Las Vegas, The Hukilau, or Tiki Oasis. Or post a thread in Tiki Marketplace, saying that you want to buy one. Depending on the size you need, I might be able to help - I have an extra shirt in green in XXL, if that is your size. Feel free to PM me if you are interested. If you're getting the green dress for your wife, then I'd recommend the matching green shirt over the purple one. Good luck!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-02-12 05:41 am   Permalink

The tiki drummer figures have reappeared. Formerly they were available via the disneystore.com website. There is at least one that has gone up for sale on the Mouse Surplus ebay store, so there is a chance that this store may have obtained all of the remaining drummers.

The ebay price is a bit high - currently at $274, with two and a half days still left. This is a bit higher than the original sale price - disneystore was selling them for $119 less than two months ago.

Mouse Surplus also has up for sale a tiki head sign formerly used at the Polynesian resort. Unfortunately, they do no give the dimensions of the sign.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-12 4:25 pm   Permalink

Interesting. The last two Tiki Drummers that this ebayer sold went for $270 and 250, but did you notice that the one that's currently at $274 has a shipping cost of $68 as well? Ouch!!! The last two tiki head signs that they sold went for $40 and $37. I'm guessing that the tiki head sign isn't very big, because the original list price is $5.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-12 12:48 am   Permalink

What is the scoop on these well insighted artists? They seemed to be the backbone of some of the best merchandise that came out of Disney in YEARS... now I have heard from a Disneyland worker this past week they are no longer with the company...If its not too much to ask, I'd like to know why? I really hope it was by their own decisions to leave Disney because they want to do their own creative thing. And If they were let go by Disney, well that really sucks for Disney, because these 2 artists/sculpturers & "jacks of all trades" were on the creative ball! I've noticed alot at the park this last visit, that just didn't sit right with me based on their operations. Thats another story though... Kevin and Jody make a great tagteam and I hope they are still working together wherever they are! Also let them know they have fans in their corner, and that they(the other fans), along with myself, hope things are well with them! Godspeed-
-Slick

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-13 4:43 pm   Permalink

They are busier than ever, and ironically now that they are freelancers, they get hired by companies that Disney contracts to make collectibles. So now they not only get paid better, but work for people that actually KNOW and APPRECIATE classic Disney attractions, something that was not the case at the company itself.

Why, do you have a problem with Disney product? I cannot imagine a better realization of the Tiki concept than in this recent Roger Rabbit, why, it is Polynesian Style personified!

Roger Rabbit Tiki Pin
$12.95 (Item #96909P)
Roger Rabbit is spotlighted on this thoughtful gold-finished character pin,
one in a series casting Disney's most popular characters as Tiki carvings.
Pin 1 7/8'' H. Enamel cloisonné. Limited Edition of 250.

Hurry, folks, only a 250 piece limited edition!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-13 7:04 pm   Permalink

No, thanks... I think I'm going to hold out for the "Bill the Cat tiki pin"...Ack!

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wishyouwell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-11 9:46 pm   Permalink

I am new to this Tiki collectables. I just started to decorate my guest room into a Tiki room, and realized I don't have any tiki drummer. Am I like 2 years too late to want one of these?? Is anyone nice enough to sell me one with reasonable price?

View Profile of wishyouwell Send a personal message to wishyouwell  Email wishyouwell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
disneydan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-12 5:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-11 21:46, wishyouwell wrote:
I am new to this Tiki collectables. I just started to decorate my guest room into a Tiki room, and realized I don't have any tiki drummer. Am I like 2 years too late to want one of these?? Is anyone nice enough to sell me one with reasonable price?

They pop up on ebay every once in a while. But you might like to know that they have just put out a Tiki Room Box that is amazing!! It was just released last week. If you cant get to disneyland to get one, I think you can call 1-800-delivears to order one. They cost $65 and are limited to 1963 pieces. They rarely put out neat Tiki Room stuff - you should look into it.

View Profile of disneydan Send a personal message to disneydan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:36 pm   Permalink

There's a drummer god up on ebay right now. Here it is.

Not my auction, just thought I'd post this here. Good luck.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-28 2:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 23:36, Mai Tai wrote:
There's a drummer god up on ebay right now. Here it is.

Not my auction, just thought I'd post this here. Good luck.

$511.00

Holy crap. That's some decent ROI.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-28 8:37 pm   Permalink

Yipes....that is some heavy dough.....may the best wallet win. Wish I had the money.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation