FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
Kevin & Jody's Tiki Room collectables for Disneyland 50th (UPDATE Tiki Drummer & shirt order dates!)
delphiniumangel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-05-05 4:41 pm   Permalink

Amazing items.

Now this will date me, but I was at the opening day of Disneyland - yes I was 7 years old. And, I do have lots of original items from that day which I keep in a vault/safe, including the ticket that was issued "by invitation only". An Original Tinker Bell necklace and a pair of the "original" Mickey Mouse Ears are just some of the many items I have (the Ears are signed by Walt Disney and the first person to dress up as Mickey Mouse).

It is great to see that so many people still enjoy the "things of the past". I am sure many of you are not old enough to really remember the "original" Disneyland during the first 5 years it was open.

View Profile of delphiniumangel Send a personal message to delphiniumangel      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 5:39 pm   Permalink

Wow - I envy you having been able to go inthe 50s & 60s - the glory years!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 1:50 pm   Permalink

well, i take it all back (except for the frenzy baiting of the fans)...

i just got my claws on one of the musical history sets and it's pretty damn awesome! the layout of tracks are teriffic and the sound mix is unbelieveably great. Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland is absolutely superb.

the book is all i hoped it would be with great info and fantastic illustrations.

well worth every penny! in fact, i can say with some confidence that i would be willing to don ankle blades and cock-fight for it in Goofy's Bounce House if i had too. (that goes out to you, Tang)

ps...don't spread that offer around...it may give disney management ideas!

enjoy!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 2:24 pm   Permalink

Yeah - but here's a game for you tiki1963 - play "How many illustrations by Marc Davis can be incorrectly attributed to other artists & vice-versa?"

Hours of fun will be had!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 2:47 pm   Permalink

yeah, noticed that. also, 'artist unknown' credits are given to pieces by hench and bushman.

that crazy bushman tomorrowland drawing is really cool. it's pretty close to that one i have of the entry way.

news flash: the first, red monorail just showed up via USPS. man, master replicas is incredible! this is by far, the coolest piece of park merchandise for all time, next to the adventureland tru-vue gun! the 'all metal' body (except trim) is a definite plus.

Tang- it's almost worth digging into your kid's college fund for! tell your wife that owning these will make you a better husband and father!

btw, met Kevin and Jody at Tiki Ti the other nite. nice fellers. really, sick how disney didn't even comp them on any of the merch. they had to order some just like everyone else. the company is such a class act these days....

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BarkerBird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 3:12 pm   Permalink

I love the music collection.

I think the monorail is something I'd have to see before I bought it.

Yeah, this stuff is fantastic. I'm loving this whole 50th thing.

As far as the company goes, it depends on where in the company you work. I can't complain.

View Profile of BarkerBird Send a personal message to BarkerBird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 3:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-06 15:12, BarkerBird wrote:
I love the music collection.

I think the monorail is something I'd have to see before I bought it.

Yeah, this stuff is fantastic. I'm loving this whole 50th thing.

As far as the company goes, it depends on where in the company you work. I can't complain.

barker-

trust me, the monorails are unbelievably great. if your an employee, take that 35% and let go of some well spent cash. these put the old schuco monorails to shame. they are fragile though and you need to be careful displaying them. and, the master replicas packaging makes them seem like you just bought something from the Smithsonian.

man, if these sell well, it would be awesome if they made an electric set out of them a'la schuco.

now, on to the Tiki stuff! man, i'm gonna be so broke i won't be able to pay attention!

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-06 4:42 pm   Permalink

Barker - tiki1963 is right - the Monorails are total Godhead... I've seen 'em & they are worth it! I'd be all over that if I wasn't trying to save up for the Barker Bird & Host shirt...

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-08 2:29 pm   Permalink

well, i still have yet to have enough time to go thru the cd's. there is really an amazing amount of care and good taste in these. if anyone is second guessing this set, dont! it is worth every penny!

Tang- a couple of questions for you:

1) did you ever have a complete version of the '67 Flight to the Moon soundtrack before this set? i didn't and this one is just fantastic.

2) do you know if there was ever a film version of the ride that had the surface camera attacked by some type of crazy alien? keep in mind it is VERY possible i may have experienced such a thing on the ride under the influence of 'happy enhancers'.

3) do you have a version of the '55 Flight to the Moon soundtrack other than the '55 OPening Day film and the '57 television show on space. (record version i know is recreated).

4) do you have any (or know where) one could find photos of the '67 waiting/queue area, before you go into Mission Control?

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 11:02 am   Permalink

Well - I am just getting around to listening to it now!

It is very nice.... And I admit, I am not obsessed enough with Rocket To The Moon/Mission To Mars to readily tell the difference quickly - but I'll tell ya what I do have:

TWA Rocket To The Moon (Queue SFX) 3:24 TWA Rocket To The Moon TWA Rocket To The Moon - Tomorrowland Theme Park Audio

TWA Rocket To The Moon (Rocket SFX) 3:01 TWA Rocket To The Moon TWA Rocket To The Moon - Tomorrowland Theme Park Audio

TWA Rocket To The Moon 11:04 TWA Rocket To The Moon TWA Rocket To The Moon - Tomorrowland Theme Park Audio

Disneyland - Douglas Rocket To The Moon (excerpt) 2:27 Various live recordings 1962 Los Angeles Camera Sound Effects Tourist attraction audio

I don't know if that matches what you have.... Actually, I think (and Atomobile may be able to correct me here) that Stacia MArtin may have re-created the female hostess voice for the box set... But I'm just guessing....

E Ticket Issue #24 has some good color pics of the queue:
http://www.the-e-ticket.com/Issue_page_24.html
and here are some images that are handy:

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 1:22 pm   Permalink

yeah, it's weird because the Tomorrowland kiosk soundtrack of the Rocket to the Moon is different from the Dateline Disneyland version.

i too wondered about the 'live' hostess in this new version of Flight to the Moon. out of all of them, i like this one best...really, a superb job.

i ask about the 67 queue area in that i picked up the DC-88 Mars Cruiser that is shown in the original film and was on display in the queue area. now that i have the 'complete' 67 soundtrack, the rocket is mentioned in the Mission Control section. later, when the ride's mission was diverted to Mars, that DC-88 rocket became the main vehicle you were supposed to be riding in.

the sickness just won't end......

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 2:36 pm   Permalink

yes. you just "picked it up".

Sweet merciful crap.

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 3:34 pm   Permalink

oh, believe me my fellow sinner....mercy has NOTHING to do with it!

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 4:28 pm   Permalink

So let's see it!

Since we have gone completely off-topic here...

tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-09 5:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-05-09 16:28, Tangaroa wrote:
So let's see it!

Since we have gone completely off-topic here...

thar she blows....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation