Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki viva las vegas mug
viva las vegas mug
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-28 5:52 pm   Permalink

does anyone know if any of the mugs are left? or does anyone have a extra one they want to sell ?

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 5:04 pm   Permalink

Ebay!

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-30 12:50 pm   Permalink

I heard they sold out in an hour. A girlfriend called to say she stood in line for ever and snagged one for me. Unfortunately I was home with a pregnant wife so we couldn't make it this year.

Looks like I'm going to crank the heat, fill my mug when I get it so I can pretend I'm in Vegas.

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
roadkutter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-30 12:54 pm   Permalink

If they did sell out it's no wonder, this person has "20 SETS" available for auction on eBay, 1 black and 1 white.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3967880354&rd=1

View Profile of roadkutter Send a personal message to roadkutter  Email roadkutter Goto the website of roadkutter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 1:03 pm   Permalink

I think it's Tom Ingram's auction. He's the guy who puts on Viva Las Vegas so they must be the leftovers.

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 1:31 pm   Permalink

It is Tom's sale I emailed him when I got home about the mugs and he sent me that link....

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 9:22 pm   Permalink

They sold for $50 for the set. Not bad for not making the event. I got my set. Anyone else get a set. I see PolyPop didn't quite bid enough.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 06:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-07 21:22, MauiTiki wrote:
I see PolyPop didn't quite bid enough.

Nah.... I actually only wanted a black one and since they were selling it as a set I felt like I was being "forced" to buy two when I really only wanted one. So I bid the minimum on the first day and forgot about it. Figured it would be cool if I got it for the minimum bid. But I didn't (and won't ever) pay more for something than I think its worth. $50 can buy me a nice vintage mug or go towards a unique, one-of-a-kind tiki - something that 249 other people don't have (or 499 between both mugs).

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 09:55 am   Permalink

I was the last winnig bidder. I'm splitting the mugs with Dr. Shocker.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 10:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-08 06:40, PolynesianPop wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-04-07 21:22, MauiTiki wrote:
I see PolyPop didn't quite bid enough.

Nah.... I actually only wanted a black one and since they were selling it as a set I felt like I was being "forced" to buy two when I really only wanted one.

Maybe you'll get lucky and some pathetic drunk will break one of them and give the other to you out of fear that he may break the other. (But he obviously forgot about the "Curse of the Pop".

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-08 10:41, Unga Bunga wrote:
Maybe you'll get lucky and some pathetic drunk will break one of them and give the other to you out of fear that he may break the other. (But he obviously forgot about the "Curse of the Pop".

Hey that happened to me at the crawl!!! Who was that dude? He was a blithering WHINO!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-08 8:14 pm   Permalink

Mine arrived in Maui already. Superfast shipping. The look better in the photos.

I think the glaze is kinda thick, so the detail is lost.

Still they're cool and I don't have anything like them.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 12:24 pm   Permalink

Just got mine! That Tom sure send 'em out fast. Due to space limitations, I'm willing to part with one of the set, the white one. (I seem to like black mugs) I'll sell it to the first one who emails me for $35, including postage. That's pretty much my cost, $30, plus postage.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation