FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Bakshi version of Mighty Mouse?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Bakshi version of Mighty Mouse?
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-10-18 4:58 pm   Permalink

Anyone here have copies of the Ralph Bakshi Mighty Mouse cartoons? These were done in the late 80s I believe, and Jon K. of Spumco fame was an animator on them (or worked on the stories, or something like that).

I have not tried recently to track them down on the web, but last time I tried a few years back I was unsuccessful.

Just wondering,

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 5:12 pm   Permalink

Hey Hanford, I have a few episodes on an old vhs tape, in a box, in the very back of a long closet. I'll go spelunking in that closet & let you know when I find it. That show was great! If you appreciate Spumco, you'll love these too.

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 5:29 pm   Permalink

I love those, it sucked when they got took off the air and Mighty Mouse got banned from TV. I never saw the episode that caused it but i remember hearing that Mighty Mouse gets high and finally does it with Pearl Pureheart. From what I heard of that last episode Mighty Mouse goes up and smells a flower which makes his eyes go swirly and makes him float kind of stupified, He then spots Pearl who's dressed very sexy. Pearl gives him a wink and beckons to him with a come hither finger motion, they walk into a house in the background together and the house starts rocking around all over the place. Might Mouse then comes out with a very content look on his face smoking a cig.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 5:35 pm   Permalink

...nothin' wrong with that!

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-10-18 6:07 pm   Permalink

Except I hear smoking stunts mice growth (?).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 6:27 pm   Permalink

I remember that cartoon. Nowadays it seems that most of the toons that populate the Cartoon Network and Nick are of the sarcastic smartass variety. This was one of the first that I can think of, so it was pretty awe inspiring and shocking, even.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-18 6:50 pm   Permalink

My favorite thing about that cartoon was the other characters on there like Bat-Bat and teh Bug Wonder. Mighty Mouse was like Superman who was Super and a Man so it stood to reason that a mouse who was Moighty and a mouse would be called Mighty Mouse. But Batman is like a Bat but he's a man, Bat-Bat was like a Bat but he was... well, a Bat, so they called him Bat-Bat.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-19 7:06 pm   Permalink

was Bat-bat's catch phrase "my wings are like a shield of steel"?

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-10-20 2:18 pm   Permalink

I like some of the lesser-powered superheros who were mighty mouse's friends. There was Mole Mom, the Sloth, and a litte dog who's name I can't recall, but I remember his super-power was the ability to "scamper".

All these guys went up against The Cow in an episode where Mighty Mouse was out of town I believe.

Bamzemo, When you come across that tape, definitely shoot me an email to let me know

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-20 3:15 pm   Permalink

to answer my own question now my brain is working again it was Bat-Fink whose catchphrase i quoted.

http://www.davemackey.com/animation/seeger/batfink/

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 02:33 am   Permalink

wasn't there some controversial scene where mm was smelling some cheese but it looked just like he was snorting coke?

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 07:15 am   Permalink

Yes! I own the whole series on tape! I loved it and had a few episodes and spent much time looking on Ebay.

What I have was recorded off the TV, but it is pretty good and complete. 4 tapes. I kind of hated buying a copy of someones home videos basically, but I wanted these badly.

My favorites were The Cow, and The League of Super Rodents, and Puffy Goes Berserk and Pirates With Dirty Faces, and of course, the Tooth Fairy episode.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 07:22 am   Permalink

What I liked in these cartoons were the regular references to relish (We represent a race of super relishes from a galaxy hundreds of miles away), the regular references to Ralph himself, and the just plain odd stuff going on in the background. A fleeting glimpse of some very old cartoon character here and there. We watched these things a frame at a time to catch all the stuff. Deputy Dog telephones...

It's kind of funny to me to read you guys' half memories of the show. I may be the only one actually knows the answers. The Gas Gopher. Jay Gerbil. I cannot remember who had the Super Scamper Power though.

I still have phrases from those cartoons in my daily life. No one has any clue what they refer to but me.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-10-21 09:35 am   Permalink

Swanky,

If you told us what the phrases meant, would you have to kill us?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 11:30 am   Permalink

Favorite catch phrase:

I am the Cow...MOO!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation