FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Bakshi version of Mighty Mouse?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Bakshi version of Mighty Mouse?
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 1:58 pm   Permalink

"Taste cold justice you disreputable henchmen types!"

"Well, I might just be a witch."

"Ohhh anchovies. I hate anchovies. And I hate this party! I'm leaving!"

"Oh look at 'im. Ain't he cute. He's sleepin' like a baby." "I think he's kinda creepy."

"Wow, my shorts really rode up."

"You'll never find your eggspit that way."

"I'll take you all on with three hooves tied behind my back and my tongue taped to the ceiling!"

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 8:27 pm   Permalink

My favorite is from "The Tick"

"The City is my muffin and I'm going to spread my buttery brand of justice over its every nook and crany."
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-21 8:53 pm   Permalink

Lets switch it to the Tick then

Favorite Tick charcater:
The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs In The Night

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-10-22 8:58 pm   Permalink

Check out www.coolstuffvideos.com under classic cartoons.

Also, the guy who runs coolstuff is always at the San Mateo collectibles fair, one of which was last weekend.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2002-10-23 4:48 pm   Permalink

Cool! Thanks Randy.

Acutally I just bought the tapes off of ebay. We'll see what it looks like when i get them.

Also, Fox Kids ran reruns of the show when Ren and Stimpy got popular. I taped some off of that, but then, well then it was pulled from Fox.

Oh well.

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-10-23 7:46 pm   Permalink

Way way OT here, at least in the "beyond tiki" sense, but I just heard that Ren & Stimpy might be coming back. Last weekend I got the super pleasure of briefly meeting a couple of current Samurai Jack storyboard artists/writers, who used to do Spumco stuff. So that's the horse's mouth that the news came from.

Incidentally, if you haven't seen Samurai Jack, you're missing out. And I mean the indefinite YOU. Yes, you too. Everyone should see that show, especially if you like Miles Thompson or any of the other brilliant crop of animator/painter/artist types out there these days. Like, wow!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader_Rick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-24 12:17 am   Permalink

I, too, am also a Spumco fan. Here are some things you may not have known:

Yes, Ren & Stimpy ARE coming back! This time, on TNN! Look for them sometime next year.

Did you know that Ralph Bakshi's animation studio was located next to Bagdassarian Studios, the same studios that gave us The Alvin Show and the lame 80s remake Alvin & the Chipmunks? This fact even influenced an episode of the New Mighty Mouse. John Krisfalusi said he always thought the 80s version was so odd b/c Dave finds these rodents on his doorstep and what does he do? He makes them sing! John K also thought it was weird that the main concern of the 80s version was for Alvin to get a date with a HUMAN girl!
Needless to say, it wasn't long b4 the Alvin & the Chipmunks was parodied in one of my favorite Mighty Mouse in which Dave Seville always has Cheerios in his mouth for some reason the rodents to sing, then sing backwards, or face dire consequences!

Did you know the same people who gave us the New Mighty Mouse also gave us the video for the Rolling Stones "Harlem Shuffle"?

Did you know that Ralph Bakshi offerred John Krisfalusi a job as an animator on the box-office bomb "Cool World," but John thankfully turned it down to work on Ren & Stimpy?

Did you know that Bakshi was only producer, and that John Krisfalusi was the one REALLY in charge?

Did you know that all of the animators actually HATED Mighty Mouse? They were constantly seeking ways to write out of the script and promote their OWN characters.

Did you know that Krisfalusi is incredibly hard to spell?

Did you know that I have a lot of spare time on my hands?

Favorite lines:
Bug Wonder (fighting evil villains): "Take this! Take that! Take this five dollars! Don't spend it all on comic books!"

Dave Seville: "SING!!!"
Chipmunks: "La la la la la la la!"
Dave Seville: "SING BACKWARDS!!!"
Chipmunks: "Al al al al al al al!"

and for a great Chipmunks parody site, go to
http://www.angelfire.com/music3/behind/

View Profile of Trader_Rick Send a personal message to Trader_Rick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-24 07:47 am   Permalink

<<Favorite lines:
Bug Wonder (fighting evil villains): "Take this! Take that! Take this five dollars! Don't spend it all on comic books!" >>

How freakin' weird! I was thinking of this same line this morning on the way to work! I say this line at least once a quarter in some form.

"Everyone makes mistakes. That's why they put rubber on the ends of pencils."

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-29 4:10 pm   Permalink

Mighty Mouse hangs out at tiki motel....

YouTube: New Adventures of Mighty Mouse-Mighty's Wedlock Whimsy

(at 1:45)

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-29 4:58 pm   Permalink

Dredging up an oldey KB the 33rd....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-30 12:06 am   Permalink

-Yes, I am digging up something old that has not seen use in years and using it again. I am kind of like those people who go to thrift stores and buy those mugs that were popular in the 1950's & 60's that resembled carvings by primitive Polynesians.

-I did what every good TikiCentral poster should do and use the search option to see if there is an existing topic that relates to the topic I wish to post before creating a new topic. I found this topic and used it rather than create a new topic and contributing to the TikiCentral topic/thread pollution. Well, actually I was considering the "Tiki on TV" topic but anyway....

-So is Hanford still looking for Ralph Bakshi Mighty Mouse cartoons on VHS tapes?

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2013-05-30 00:09 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2013-05-30 12:15 am   Permalink

Ha, No, I bought the complete set on VHS (complete with commercials) from eBay a decade ago. I think you can find them on YouTube now. In other news I don't think you can even find VHS players in thrift stores, now.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation