Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Infused Rum
Infused Rum
Tiki D
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-30 09:55 am   Permalink

I recently purchased a vodka infuser and have been using to infuse vodka with flavors like rasberry and pineapple. I was wondering if anyone has tried making their own infused rum? I would assume you could make a homemade coconut or pineapple using a light rum. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks-

View Profile of Tiki D Send a personal message to Tiki D      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 09:59 am   Permalink

Where does one buy a vodka infuser? Is there a website?

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki D
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-30 10:31 am   Permalink

I got mine from www.infused-vodka.com because I was able to get a smaller one than what I could find in the store. The one I found at Pier One held almost 200 ounces and that would be painful on the ole wallet to try to fill.

View Profile of Tiki D Send a personal message to Tiki D      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 10:54 am   Permalink

Thanks!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 11:16 am   Permalink

This does not answer your question, but it is related...

Appleton Rum was selling their estate brand packaged with a logoed infusion bottle last december. I still see these packages on occasion at liquor stores.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 6:35 pm   Permalink

I made some cinnamon infused rum at the prompting of KuKuAhu per the recipe he suggested in this thread.

It came out quite good, dark red in color and the initial taste is very dry but with a smooth aftertaste. As it gets older the cinnamon taste seems to be more subdued but still very much present. When it runs out I will make more!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 12:25 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear it Kono. I think that having some homemade items around in your bar makes for interesting drinks. You can put together something truly unique and delicious when you have tailor made liqueurs and syrups on hand.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation