[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag / Bomboras Poster - Very Cool
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Shag / Bomboras Poster - Very Cool
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 6:13 pm   Permalink

They had some of these posters at the SWAT show last Satuday so I picked one up and had Shag sign it for me. Framed 'er up today. It's a double wammy - The Bomboras are one of my favorites and I think it's a pretty unique addition to the collection.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 6:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Matt - the poster is wicked! Where did you get that frame? I've got a couple menus that could use a framing and the bamboo look would work perfect! Please don't tell me you had it custom made... I've spent way too much on getting artwork framed over the last few years!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 8:03 pm   Permalink

Hey John, I got it at Aaron Brothers. It's 16"x20" and only $20+ tax. There's a couple of Aaron Bros. in Virginia, but I'm not sure how far they are from you...

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-30 9:34 pm   Permalink

Matt, thanks for the info! I'm gonna track them down!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deery Luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-31 10:19 am   Permalink

Hey johntiki!

The guys at Urban Posters on Thames Street in Fells Point do a great job framing stuff professionally and they are very inexpensive for what you get. They have a few bamboo frames to choose from.

Tell Kory or Kevin that Lauren sent you!

Deery Luau

View Profile of Deery Luau Send a personal message to Deery Luau  Email Deery Luau     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 11:45 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tip Deery - will definitely pay them a visit!

aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 1:31 pm   Permalink

Is that cool poster available anywhere?

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 7:42 pm   Permalink

I got it at the Shag with a Twist show in L.A., they only had ten left...

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 08:51 am   Permalink

Yeah, I got that a few years ago, so it would be interesting to know if this is a re-print or if someone found a new batch of them. I think it was the first time I'd heard of Shag, having bought the poster for the Tiki rather than the artist.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 3:04 pm   Permalink

I was told that there was a batch of them found @ Hollywood Book and Poster, so I don't think it's a re-print...

BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-03 2:27 pm   Permalink

Double Down Saloon has them for thirty bucks - http://www.doubledownsaloon.com/buy.html

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 2:41 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a bootleg........

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 5:57 pm   Permalink

By bootleg, do you mean that it's not a first printing of the poster?

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-03 17:57, aikiman44 wrote:
By bootleg, do you mean that it's not a first printing of the poster?

Well, it's 11 years since the print first came out and suddenly it's become fairly widely available. As it wasn't limited in the first place, there's nothing stopping the original printers printing up a bunch more. Someone may have printed a batch in true bootleg fashion, then again, these may be from the original printing, found in a dusty box under the stairs....

Anyway, beats me....it would be interesting to find out.

Trader Woody

BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-04-22 09:41 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 17:24 ]

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation