FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food What's your favorite - RUM?
What's your favorite - RUM?
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 11:05 am   Permalink

I wanted to start this posting because of a slight disagreement I had with some friends of mine - about which is the best rum? "The Voodoo" (http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=20054&ck=) consider ourselves "self-taught experts", not just by the quantity of rum we have inbibed but by the sheer variety of rum we have experienced. We search for the perfect cocktail most weekends and have traveled the world partaking in our favorite spirit. But, we agree that we can not agree.

Whether making Mai-Tais, Painkillers, Cuba-Libras, or straightup with a twist everyone has there favorite. Light, Dark, Spiced, Flavored...

My personal favorite is Gosling's Black Seal rum (www.blackseal.com). Made in Bermuda and as dark as the night. Its a little pricey but worth evry cent. Mount Gay (www.mountgay.com) is the "standard" rum that I enjoy most days.

So, come on "Rum Snobs" let your voice be heard and maybe we can enlighten those people that only have Bacardi Silver at their bar.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 11:11 am   Permalink

Here some info discussed before on this thread

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1168&forum=10

TBird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2005-03-31 11:12 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 11:14 am   Permalink

Sorry. I did a search but did not find that.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 07:09 am   Permalink

I am also a huge Black Seal fan. One of my favorite drinks is a Dark and Stormy.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 08:06 am   Permalink

Have a look at what's available at one of our local rum Establishments
http://www.therumclub.com/
Angus who runs it posts here sometimes

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation