FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hot Rod Hula Hop_Columbus Ohio Saturday August 20th 2005
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hot Rod Hula Hop_Columbus Ohio Saturday August 20th 2005
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-31 3:08 pm   Permalink

Okay folks, we have the new date set for the first annual Hot Rod Hula Hop in Columbus Ohio. That date will be Saturday August 20th, and it will still be held at The Voodoo Juke Joint (which is a club). We will be reorganizing things a bit and providing information with regard to entertainment, directions to the Voodoo, parking, cost, and all the other details here shortly.

Mahalo for your interest and patience,

Ahu

Original post below:

Announcing the "Hot Rod Hula Hop" in Columbus Ohio!

Please come out and join us at the first installment of what we intend to turn into a growing annual event.

Info here:

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/events.html

Mahalo,

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai
www.fraternalorderofmoai.org

[ This Message was edited by: KuKuAhu on 2005-04-26 20:27 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 09:57 am   Permalink

There's not enough info at the "info" link. What/where is the Voodoo Juke Joint? What's the admission cost? What time is the event?

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-01 12:05 pm   Permalink

You'll have to forgive us, right now we are putting up what we have set in stone. Regular updates are coming.

We'll attach both the address to the Voodoo, and a map by monday morning. The total event itself will run all day, I imagine that 10AM to 2:30AM is our total run, but various vendors and the cars themselves will likely be there for a shorter duration than that.

We will have a schedule of events and some more specifics very soon. We're just trying to get the word out with what we have at the moment.

Mahalo,

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-06 09:55 am   Permalink

If there is something better than tiki, its hot rods. I'll try to make it. It'll be a post birthday party.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-06 12:23 pm   Permalink

Great! When's your birthday?
Maybe we'll make you a pineapple upside down cake with a candle.

Where will you be coming in from?

Oh, and sorry about the map not going up yet as promised folks. I've got a million details to sweat right now regarding the event, and it just got pushed aside. I'll get on that. We have a scheduling meeting on friday evening, so we should hopefully have some more details up on the site by midweek next.

Mahalo,

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai
www.fraternalorderofmoai.org

[ This Message was edited by: KuKuAhu on 2005-04-06 12:25 ]

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 07:39 am   Permalink

Birthday is May 27, one of the best days of the year. I'm would be coming out of Ann Arbor Michigan, just below Detriot.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-09 7:43 pm   Permalink

We'll set ya up with a birthday drink on me if you can make it here.

We'd love to have ya! Lots of us mid-west tiki-rodder fanatics are looking forward to this!

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 10:34 am   Permalink

Please read the updated info in the first post.

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 8:28 pm   Permalink

Updated above.

Ahu

rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 06:30 am   Permalink

just checked out the new site, it is working great! Hopefully we will see alot of our Tiki Central bretheren out at the HRHH!
cars, tikis bands does it get any better?

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 7:10 pm   Permalink

crazy! tiki in ohio? I dont believe it.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 7:28 pm   Permalink

August 25th is five years after the Kahiki closed. And they were reopening in two years. I think I missed something. But I hope Skip will pour us some Kahiki Navy Grogs and help us forget... or remember as the case may be.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-21 8:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-21 19:28, Swanky wrote:
August 25th is five years after the Kahiki closed. And they were reopening in two years. I think I missed something. But I hope Skip will pour us some Kahiki Navy Grogs and help us forget... or remember as the case may be.

Kahiki Navy Grog... damn, I could go for one right now.

Lodging info is going up on the site tonight folks. We procured an incredible rate at a local inn that is close to both the Voodoo and the spots you'll want to visit in Columbus (retro modern shopping, tiki drink happy hour, indie record stores, indie book stores, etc.). This place is nice and clean and on a decent strip with parking.

Now the place isn't huge, so if you are an out-of-town visitor and you're planning on joining us, skip over to the Fraternal Order of Moai site and click on "Events" to get the info and get yourself a room booked.

And the pre-event luau at the Voodoo on the 19th is shaping up to be a very special evening of drinks, Kahiki pu pus and possibly a secret after hours at an as yet undisclosed tiki locale. If you are going to be driving in from outside Columbus for this, you really should meet and greet with us at the luau that night. Admission is cheap, and the eats are free.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-23 3:28 pm   Permalink

Just got some bugs in the site worked out and the "lodging and places to visit in Columbus" page is working properly along with the map to the venue.

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/events.html

Ahu

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 5:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-07-21 19:28, Swanky wrote:

Do you know where Skip or Jim work now?? We became like family those 5 nights I lived there!!!
Of course, now that Michael Tsao has passed, the Kahiki's chances of reopening anywhere are much more slimmer!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation