FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hot Rod Hula Hop_Columbus Ohio Saturday August 20th 2005
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Hot Rod Hula Hop_Columbus Ohio Saturday August 20th 2005
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-29 05:33 am   Permalink

looks like they are quite possibly going to be guest bartending..... More later...

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 05:57 am   Permalink

whooo ha! looks like the mugs are in the works!! if you are in the area you do not want to miss out on this event... next year hopefully we will be on to bigger and better things for the 2nd annual Hot Rod Hula Hop!!!!

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-02 10:35 am   Permalink

I am reasonably sure Bill Sapp, the creator and original owner of Kahiki will be in town for the event.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-03 7:40 pm   Permalink

And I'm in the process of getting Andy Chan the chef at the Kahiki prior to the closing to join us as well.

Oh, and Skip is very excited to be there.

So bring those menus to get them signed folks.

Ahu

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-05 05:51 am   Permalink

13 more days folks!!! Till the next great midwest tiki event!!

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-08 8:19 pm   Permalink

this keeps getting bigger.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 07:27 am   Permalink

7 days to go!

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-13 5:21 pm   Permalink

I chatted with Skip today again, and he will only be available (due to his current job) for a brief window on Saturday starting around noon when we open the show. So you will want to get there right on time if you want a drink from the man.

We went over ingredient lists and are all set. We may even have the Navy Grog (maybe) if Skip can dig up the bitters recipe for me so's I can mix a batch. If this happens, I'll likely make a lot and will have some available in bottles along with the recipe for the drink. That'd make a nice souvenir.

But we need to track down the recipe... so don't hold your breath.

Ahu

[ This Message was edited by: KuKuAhu 2005-08-13 17:21 ]

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-15 09:16 am   Permalink

5 days to go.

chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 07:13 am   Permalink

its almost here

KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 07:19 am   Permalink

Updates:

We don't know if Jim will be there or not. Skip is coming for sure, but he has his regular job to attend to that evening. So get there early to get a drink from the master.

Also, we finally got a confirmation from a terrific artist named Andrew Bawidamann (See his work here:
http://www.bawidamann.com/ ) and he will be selling prints and such at the event.

And... it is looking like Hogscraper will be bringing along some burlesque gals as part of the show.

Hope to see you all Friday @ 7pm for a meet and greet at the Voodoo, and then on Saturday for the main event.

Oh, and one more thing... the Voodoo has booked a band for Friday that plays surf and such. So we have a live act now for Friday nights dig. Cool with me. The more surf the better!

Aloha,

Ahu

[ This Message was edited by: KuKuAhu 2005-08-17 07:21 ]

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-17 08:06 am   Permalink

I am leaving friday morning in the Mobile Exploration Lab, and plan to be in Columbus by 5 PM.

Any must see road-side attractions along the route from Chicago to Columbus?

I will likely take US highways as much as I can, and then jump on the interstate if I start to run out of time...

See you all at the hop!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rocker68

Posted: 2005-08-17 6:36 pm   Permalink

i can't wait!!!!

View Profile of rocker68 Send a personal message to rocker68      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
theARTFINK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-08-18 01:53 am   Permalink

A fr@#@in' cram-packed junk/antique mall in Centerville
Indiana.( off i-70 almost at the border with ahia.) I've been there a couple of times but only
seem to get half way thru it. so as far as i know there
could be boxes of cool junk in there. Huber heights ohio
"the country's largest community of brick homes."

View Profile of theARTFINK Send a personal message to theARTFINK  Email theARTFINK Goto the website of theARTFINK     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-18 05:37 am   Permalink

Dang -- looks like fun. Maybe next year, Haole Kats!!! could be a part of it? One of our members, Keo (Joe, aka Wholly Cat, ukulele/percussion), is from Columbus, O-HI-O...

[ This Message was edited by: Kanekila 2005-08-18 05:38 ]

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation