FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Frances Langford's Outrigger, Jensen Beach, FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Frances Langford's Outrigger, Jensen Beach, FL (restaurant)
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 06:09 am   Permalink

First, great thread Kailuageoff. More Langford & Hall trivia. The first photo on page one (colorized) of this thread is from the movie BAMBOO BLONDE her only South Seas movie where her character didn’t go to the South Seas. I posted a picture of nose art from the movie in the Nose Art thread. The girl on the nose is Francis but I didn’t mention it because I didn’t know she had this tiki presence.

John Hall has a lot of South Seas history as mentioned by Kailuageoff. But a couple more interesting facts about his part Tahitian relatives was that his cousin Benny Chapman who you sci-fi/monster fans will know him as the Creature from the Black Lagoon. He was a tall 6’6” Tahitian dancer so the creature was imposing. Another close relative (and maybe BigBro knows this already) is the famous late cinematographer Conrad Hall. Yes Conrad was part Tahitian.

last three from the southseascinema.org website

P.S. in Lamour's biography she states she later avoided Hall because he was a womanizer, a ladies man. Weren't they all in Hollywood?

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2013-06-20 06:12 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Beth

Posted: 2014-02-01 02:10 am   Permalink

Love this thread! I used to live up the hill from the Outrigger and kind of miss the fact that they have de-tikified it. has anyone reached out to the current owners to see if they would be open bringing some of the tiki back? or if they still have any of the drink recipes in the archives?

View Profile of Bamboo Beth Send a personal message to Bamboo Beth  Email Bamboo Beth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-19 8:31 pm   Permalink

A nice photo from Matterhorn showing the impressive entrance to the Outrigger's thatched hut restaurant.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-24 2:43 pm   Permalink

Kinda hesitant about posting this item. Has a rendering of Langford's Outrigger on it, but I believe it is not from The Outrigger. Notice the law firm name below....I believe they had this made, probably long after it became The Dolphin House.

http://tikiroom.com/img/9405x5338cff2.jpg

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation