FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-20 10:26 pm   Permalink

The latest addition my Broken Tiki Mug collection: A Shag Limited Edition Mondo Tiki Mug. Isn't she a beaut?!

That's what you get when you try to limbo on sand covered concrete with a slippery 32oz Mondo Tiki mug filled with Jungle Juice......

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-26 18:32 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 06:23 am   Permalink

Pop Dude!

You just got home! It was in a box! Wha happen?? My deepest sympathies.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 1:00 pm   Permalink

A few months ago, Tikitronic & I found several of Holden's previously-referenced defective Shag mugs at 3 Monkeys in Portland. (The defective mugs were the same casting as the legit ones, but were not numbered, and the glaze colors were off. IE, the Tall Ratongo had the Short Ratongo color.)

Tikitronic was out of his mind with excitement, since he thought he'd missed those Shag mugs completely, and we bought a few. Not ten minutes later, I dropped the whole bag on a concrete floor and shattered the lot! Fortunately we were able to rush back & replace the mugs, but I felt horrible!

Now we live in fear of the cat taking a stroll along the desk hutch and taking out the whole collection in the middle of the night...

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-21 2:05 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 4:21 pm   Permalink

You have all given me my idea that will make me ONE BILLION DOLLARS!

Not really, and it'd be hard to create a piece that would fit the majority of TIki Mugs. Oh well.

I just started my collection... I hope never to break one, unless it's a REALLY good party

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-21 6:46 pm   Permalink

I did that to me head, once.

Ok, a few times.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 12:14 am   Permalink

My tale appeared here:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=913&forum=1

The happy ending of Gael and J____ no longer being together continues.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-22 12:53 am   Permalink

Pop & O.B.
Strong drink, rowdy party guests, moody women & drunken freinds who offer to help you move are bad news for all things ceramic & glass (I'm lucky if I can look in my cupboard & find two matching wine glasses). I flipped out tonight when I came home looking for my new Tiki Farm mug to whip up a mai tai after a hard day at the piss factory only to find it jammed in the dishwasher between a couple of cheap juice glasses. Somethings just need a little more TLC. O.B.Seagull, if it's any consolation my Mr. Bali Hai mug took a few hits on the way home last time. Stopped at Trader Mort's on the way back to grab a bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale for the drive home & when I got back I just kind of threw everything (empty bottles, misc trash & Bali Hai mug into a bag) & carried into the house thus chipping the top of my mug in two places. The only upside of the whole situation was it gave me a good excuse to return to the B.H. for another mug (and more mai tais).

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suffering bastard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-04-22 3:25 pm   Permalink

Polynesian Pop---came across this in my ebay surfing today. Maybe it's some kind of funky cosmic fate.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3220231157&category=29460

On the other hand, maybe it's merely coincidence...... (insert surreal music soundtrack here).

View Profile of suffering bastard Send a personal message to suffering bastard  Email suffering bastard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 6:12 pm   Permalink

Suffering Bastard,
Thanks for thinking of me in my time of need. Coincidentally, I thought of you when the following happened!

Last night, JungleTrader and his bro SpaTiki, SugarCaddyDaddy and I were at Al & Shelley's Fabulous Lagoon Room. After a few hours of drinking, we were able to coax SCD into giving us a demo of his Martial Arts skills (believe it or not, he's rather knowledgable in the Samurai Arts). Well, to make a long story short, one quick spin and slash of the sword did this to my Suffering Bastard mug!

Pretty clean slice as you can see. Luckily, I was holding the mug just below the nose so I wasn't harmed in any way. Still, a close call though! At least I have another addition to my broken tiki mug collection - and a great story to go along with it!!

BTW - SCD is one Bad-Ass Muther F_cker with that sword. Don't piss him off or he'll go Medieval on your ass. I'm going start calling him NinjaCaddyDaddy instead!

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-04-26 18:13 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-26 8:01 pm   Permalink

I had four (4) of the 1950's Arrow Japan Lucky Tiki ceramic statues with the original hang tags, three different in all. I've managed to break three! Still have the tags, though, in case I ever find others...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-27 11:37 am   Permalink

PolyPop~

Sorry about that. I am very serious about my martial arts. I guess my Samurai Master Slisum Entoo really influenced my discipline. Of course, my kung fu teacher Pun Chankik was also very helpful in my being so focused.

I owe you one Pop!

GrasshopperCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-27 7:10 pm   Permalink

I think my next party I'll just have
Bruce Lee-key Caddy Kick ass Daddy
Stand at the bar and open all the beer bottles, just one sword and I don't need a
bottle opener.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-04-27 7:22 pm   Permalink

SCD does an awesome imitation of John Belushi doin' the Samurai swing.

[ This Message was edited by: jungletrader on 2003-04-27 19:23 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-04-28 12:14 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry about the mug Poly, but that's about the coolest fuckin' thing I've seen in ages.

Please no drunk sword play at the Caliente. I don't want to wake up with a hangover and a missing ear.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation