FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 4:43 pm   Permalink

Oh how harmless my little furry kitty looks here. Don't you agree? He surely could not be the one who leaped up on the rattan bar and knocked off 5 mugs now could he? You can see true innocence in this unposed portrait can't you? So is it possible that both the witnesses are lying to me and he had nothing to do with the tragic results below?

Luckily the damage was fatal to only 2 mugs. They were duplicates and were meant for the latest mug trade. I guess I better get to glueing! The others survived the fall to the floor. Including my Oceanic Arts 50th Anniv. mug. That mug has been knocked off 2 other shelves and I think it is really tough. Now it is behind glass in a showcase. I bet he can't get it now! Although I did not see him knock off the mugs, he is my prime suspect because just a few days ago he jumped up onto a window ledge, knocked out the window screen and both fell to the ground 10 feet below. The screen was broken and the cat used up one life. Next time he breaks a mug he might just use up another life......ok I'm kidding. I just wish when he jumps, he could stick the landings.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 4:47 pm   Permalink

Reason number 4376 not to own a cat!!!
Just kidding!
Sorta!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-21 7:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-21 16:47, Big Kahuna wrote:
Just kidding!
Sorta!

Don't mind Rick 8 Ft...he is anti-cat!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-23 03:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-21 16:47, Big Kahuna wrote:
Just kidding!
Sorta!

That's the main reason why the husband prohibits an open-case mug display. We both dread the day the cat outsmarts us and learns to open the glass doors. Reason #2 being living in The Land of Dust.

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 10:43 am   Permalink

my roommate pointing out the small bit of shelf she has in stark comparison to the 3 large shelves that I have moved part of my collection into lol....she has laid threats! lol,now we have a cat ( don't think he would DARE pose a mug flight risk) but really I have mo more wall space in MOKU DOOM to display them , soon I will have no choice but to pile them around my bed!lol
This may not be a misfortune yet but a preemptive strike for TIKI MUG DOMINATION!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-16 09:29 am   Permalink

Tiki rules !!!

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-16 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-21 16:43, 8FT Tiki wrote:

Oh how harmless my little furry kitty looks here. Don't you agree? He surely could not be the one who leaped up on the rattan bar and knocked off 5 mugs now could he? You can see true innocence in this unposed portrait can't you? So is it possible that both the witnesses are lying to me and he had nothing to do with the tragic results below?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-18 5:14 pm   Permalink

LOL~

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-01 07:15 am   Permalink

Ran across an old Molakai Mule mug from the Waikiki Sheraton this weekend. Heard of it before, but had never seen one, and the price was right. Made the namesake drink out of "Taboo Table" for the first time Saturday...very tasty. Hand washing it Sunday morning...hands all slippery from dish soap...mug slips out of my hands into the empty rinse sink. BROKE INTO TWO BIG PIECES AND A BUNCH OF LITTLE ONES. Aughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! A total loss.

At least I didn't pay much for it, and at least I got to have a drink out it. Dang.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-01 09:52 am   Permalink

That sucks Rum Balls , you should take a picture of your miss hap for TC sake,
and so if I come across one I will grab it for you.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 10:38 am   Permalink

Three mugs posted - only one arrived whole..... Ouch!

(Not suprising since the two sheets of bubblewrap in the picture were the extent of the packaging within a cardboard box.)

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-15 11:04 am   Permalink

I gots a molokai mule mug, rum balls... PM me.

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifan1
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-04 07:15 am   Permalink

My first broken mug...
not expensive but traumatic nonetheless....
I guess the upshot is I now have a new tiki mug puzzle, superglue not included.
I'll exercise a moment of silence for my departed.

it arrived in my post box like this...

View Profile of Tikifan1 Send a personal message to Tikifan1  Email Tikifan1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-04 08:24 am   Permalink

For those of you with naughty kitties who like to break mugs, I suggest purchasing a length of clear vinyl carpet runner and placing it on or around sensitive areas, upside-down with the spiky side pointing up. Cats *really* don't like to walk on those little spikes, and they won't cause any damage to their paws. I placed some at the entrance to my basement bar when I found the cat had developed a fondness for crapping underneath my pinball machine, and he hasn't deposited any dukey in there since I put down the runner.

The only thing you have to be careful of it forgetting that the runner's there, and accidentally walking on it in stocking, or bare feet; it's very surprising and uncomfortable to step on the stuff.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-18 09:58 am   Permalink

Fu Man Fail...ugh!

[ This Message was edited by: Loki-Tiki 2011-01-18 09:59 ]

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation