FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-23 02:03 am   Permalink

Quickset Resin!!! Save yer pieces, and put em back together people! So they may never hold a drink again, but they can regain some of their greatness!

tg
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 12:24 am   Permalink

I refuse to own or display any tiki mug that's not drink worthy. When I built my 1st bamboo mug shelf, I made the mistake of hanging it with really small eye-screw picture hangers. this ended in disaster and two mugs bit the dust(fortunately my fave mugs had been used the night before and were in the kitchen, out of harms way) but I tossed the broken mugs & life goes on.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 02:34 am   Permalink

got a box for the broken ones.
heres a broken westwood, used to frame a postcard of picasso, bardot, and picasso's traveling tiki buddy.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 5:21 pm   Permalink

Good idea tikitanked. I might have to mend my wasteful ways and start looking at broken mugs as raw materials for new projects and not just shattered vessels. It's kind of like re-incarnation. The book PAD by Matt Maranian has an interesting use for mugs (damaged or not) on pg. 13 called "cocktail mug bas-relief". You make a plaster cast of the front of your mug to use as a mold to create a solid 3-D image. you can then reshape them, paint them and use them in whatever way suits you. In his book he frames his in a diamond shaped bamboo frame with a grass mat or reed background.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-10 09:19 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis IV mug aftermath pics coming soon....

I got 3, count 'em -- 3 beauties to add to the broken tiki mug collection...

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-05-10 09:19 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-19 10:24 pm   Permalink

O.K. Pop.....it finally happened. just back from a Colorado wedding.....found some tiki stuff....and thanks to United Airlines and my poor packing......

Damn!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 8:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-10 09:19, PolynesianPop wrote:

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-05-10 09:19 ]

Well?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-28 10:17 pm   Permalink

Yeah, lets see um Popster, and maybe some more from your AZ peyote festival.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-05-29 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-10 09:19, PolynesianPop wrote:

i think its time for a Tiki Telethon to buy PolyPop a lifetime supply of bubblewrap and foam peanuts.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 10:17 am   Permalink

Wow, I didn't think there was much interest since I didn't get any comments! So, OK -- I'll try and get off my lazy ass today and get these pics up.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 8:52 pm   Permalink

Ok -- here we go!

Below is a broken Crazy Al mug which took a pretty bad tumble when I left him on the roof of my car after a day of surfing. It was about 2 months ago on a beautiful warm day. I'm sure you know, after a killer session, there's nothing better than an ice cold drink mixed from your cooler. Mmmmmm......

My Mojito was as the kiddies would say, "the bomb" that afternoon. After one swig, I put the drink on top of my car to free up my hands as I loaded the trunk. After I changed into some dry shorts, I got in and put the car in reverse. Let me tell you, that mojito was delicious -- until it spilled all over my windshield... The mug bounced off my wiper and onto the hard asphalt. ...Shit....

I hate it when that happens -- another good drink down the drain.....

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-05-30 21:18 ]

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 8:59 pm   Permalink

Here's a fun one!

Ever see that movie Cocktail with Tom Cruise? Well, check this out -- I was practicing and getting pretty good at that toss-the-bottle-from-behind-the-back-with-your-left-hand-and-catch-it-in-front-of-you-with-your-right-hand trick.

"This time," I told myself, "when you catch the bottle drop it face down, straight into the shot glass."

And, Shit -- another one.

Welcome to the family Mr. Tiki Shot glass...

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-05-30 21:00 ]

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 9:04 pm   Permalink

My girl wants to party all the time, party all the time..party all the time..

Damnit -- not with another one of my mugs!

I wonder how she would feel if I accidentally broke one of her, ummmm, precious designer sunglasses because Pop Ylop was practicing his act in front of the mirror with them on.... heh, she wouldn't think it would be so funny then would she?????

Poly-Pop *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-05-30 21:21 ]

PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 9:09 pm   Permalink

Drum Roll please............

My first broken Munktiki mug and its a beauty -- A Tiki Oasis IV mug!!!!

A friendly tip - playing "quarters" with a mug this tall is not a good idea. If you bounce the coin just right, you can get it to land on the hollow portion of the base and leave a mark if you know what I mean...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-30 10:04 pm   Permalink

Hmmmm...

I think we may have found a genuine case of the rare and poorly documented Mughausen Syndrome! Is there a head shrinker in da House??

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation