FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Mug Misfortunes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Tiki Mug Misfortunes
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-14 11:06 pm   Permalink

So I tried supergluing the Hapa Tikis and the United frame back together with some success. They'll never be the same, though.

Ultimately, I guess I could have broken some rare mug or something completely irreplaceable, so it could have been worse.

Here's the thing: the doctors called me back TEN DAYS after I was released from the hospital to tell me that I DO, in fact, have not one, but TWO broken ribs.

What kind of baloney is this, where the doc releases me from the hospital, tells me I don't have anything broken, I just got banged up real good, and then decides, a week and a half later, oh, my, you have TWO BROKEN BONES?

It only hurts when I sneeze.

#1 new sports injury:
Full-contact X-treme Tiki Bar renovation.
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-15 08:55 am   Permalink

Wow, what a story. Maybe you better check your mug shelf. There may be damage there You didn't detect on the first x-ray. Hope you are feeling better and the docs are feeding you enough pain meds.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-15 4:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-01-14 23:06, tikibars wrote:
It only hurts when I sneeze.

So stop sneezing!

That's rather disconcerting, to say the least! I've broken one rib, and the doctors looked at the x-ray for about an hour, then released me saying nothing was broken, then four days later, called me to tell me there was a break, after all. What the heck?!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-27 4:25 pm   Permalink

I've been trying to explain what "tiki" is to my dad for about 5 years now. I suppose because he's lived in Indiana his entire life, which is virually devoid of anything even remotely tiki, he never quite understood it. By some miracle he had some kind of revelation recently and is now fairly excited about it. He even sent me a tiki gift package for Christmas this year. Unfortunately, the pack contained 3 mugs and all of them were shattered beyond repair thanks to poor packaging by the manufacturer and typical service from UPS. Here are 2 of the casualties below. Yes, they are cheap repros, but they still had some sentimental value relative to my father's tiki revelation. Plus, I'm a big fan of anything in the Marquesan style. I didn't have the heart to tell him what happened to the mugs as I want him to keep the tiki spirit.

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-28 07:46 am   Permalink

Modmana, you could always point him towards Lotus Garden in Greenwood, In. I've even given detailed directions from I65 & US31 in the Locating Tiki post. Maybe a couple greasy egg rolls & a flaming volcano bowl will give him a better idea of Tiki, although it sounds like he's making a good start on his own.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-28 11:28 am   Permalink

SHIT!

Pop, if you want this, I'll send it to ya.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 12:49 pm   Permalink

So the other night my wife invites a bunch of her friends over for a few drinks before their "ladies night out" event for which was celebration for one of them getting married next Valentines weekend.

Apparantly, its a Greek tradition (her friend is Greek) to smash stuff up when they get married.... I DID NOT KNOW THIS. If I did, they certainly wouldn't have been drinking from my newly acquired set of Lucky Tiki mugs!

SHIT! Here's all thats left -----

The good news was, I ended up with a houseful of drunk women ready to go out and let their hair down....the bad news was, I wasn't invited to go out with them -- and oh yeah, a bunch of broken mugs left for me to clean up.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 12:59 pm   Permalink

my big fat greek tiki massacre

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 3:00 pm   Permalink

good lord. i hope she's picking up new ones for you and realizes the horrible thing she's done.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-05 3:12 pm   Permalink

That aint right!!!!! At least there's more where that came from!!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-24 5:39 pm   Permalink

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-24 5:58 pm   Permalink

Poly Pop- Looking at this thread would lead me to belive that all of your Tiki Mugs are not safe (maybe a curse of some sort) So if you want, you can give all of your undamaged mugs too Meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! I'll take good care of them.
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-24 6:09 pm   Permalink

Spermy, I appreciate the offer - but if I let all my unbroken ones go then I wouldn't have any left to break now would I?

Poly-Pop *

Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-24 6:17 pm   Permalink

God I shudder everytime this thread comes back up to the top and PolyPop has posted a response, but I gotta look. That accident on the highway thing I guess. Maybe Tiki Farm should start making mugs out of Iron.
My sympathies yet again.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 12:54 pm   Permalink

My God Poly Pop - the carnage left in the wake of your wife's friends visit is absolutely unreal! I've never seen so many broken mugs in one place! Now tell us the truth are you drinking out of these mugs or are you practicing juggling?

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation