Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving This one is mine !!! #4 of 7
This one is mine !!! #4 of 7
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 5:43 pm   Permalink

He's unique because he's bent. I liked him beacaues he looked so happy and full of Pep. Hence his name; "Pepe" I'm contemplating whether or not to stain him, or just seal.

Input ?

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 6:26 pm   Permalink

McTiki, you're right, he really looks happy, nice job. I would just seal him up first and see how that looks You can always add stain later, but he has a nice 2-tone effect not that is very pleasing.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 8:28 pm   Permalink

wow you got seven of those? Your best yet! it is almost like he or she is throwing it head back to laugh. pERFECT. I like how it narrows 2

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 9:12 pm   Permalink

Love it, Nice work!

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 9:13 pm   Permalink

I'm with Benzart, seal him up.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 9:28 pm   Permalink

Seal it! Stain would only detract from the contrasting colors.

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 9:40 pm   Permalink

Seal that baby up and give him a few brothers.... It'll be great to see more. Nice work!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino on 2005-04-03 21:41 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 03:30 am   Permalink

Seal it is! Thanks all for the props! We started a pine log lastnight. This will be different as it is a little harder to cut. We also placed the main beams on our tahitian roof style bar. Pics will start coming soon. I wanted to get the hard stuff done before the temperatures soar upwards.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 5:51 pm   Permalink

Your in a totally different reality. Can't wait until the temp. soars to a temp. that I can go outside to actually start working.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 6:24 pm   Permalink

Sorry about that TeaKey. Just my reality and yes, we live in zone 10! Having lived in Denver for 6 yrs before landing ashore here in the outback of the US, I know what your saying What a mess my basement would be if I carved then... Insane.

Sorry for making you feel more feverish. (not really sorry) but, feel free to post pics of your basement work as soon as possible!!! Happy stuff!

Most sincere Mahalos~!

McTiki

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation