[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New print - Pele the Benevolent
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New print - Pele the Benevolent
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 7:43 pm   Permalink

Okay the title needs work but I think the picture turned out pretty decent.

What do you guys think? Too violent? Too much fire? Not enough fire? Heeds a monkey?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PapeToaTane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 8:33 pm   Permalink

I love it! Colors are vibrant, brah! Dunno about the monkey. He'd be toast!

[ This Message was edited by: PapeToaTane on 2005-04-04 20:34 ]

View Profile of PapeToaTane Send a personal message to PapeToaTane  Email PapeToaTane Goto the website of PapeToaTane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 8:42 pm   Permalink

One of your best yet Raff, looks great.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 9:02 pm   Permalink

I agree with Rodeo. One of your best yet. Fire is a terrific addition to any tiki room.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-04 9:20 pm   Permalink

What an action scene! I don't think Pele's being too benevolent though. I really like the prismatic inlay on the tiki's forehead. Yes, it's outstanding and definitely worthy of prints.

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 03:58 am   Permalink

I like the warmth. It is reminescent of an ancient and magical time. Youv'e captured the spirit of Tiki repeatedly. Love your works.

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 04:15 am   Permalink

Great atmosphere! Gladly hang this one up

Not sure about the multi-coloured prismatic sky though

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 05:54 am   Permalink

I think it looks great, like Hell on earth, which is what it is. It will definately warm up the chilly nghts and make for a warm cozy tiki bar.I agree, it could go on my wall any time.
Another winner from Raffertiki!!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 09:00 am   Permalink

Great looking print. But I think there can never be too much fire.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 2:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I don't think Pele's being too benevolent though.

The islander's became content with thier good fortune, fine inlaid tikis, and well you know, their whole paradise lifestyle. They became slothful and unmotivated. Pele looked down on them with pity, and decided to give them back their motivation.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks everyone for your input. i'm glad that I'm not alone in my fixation of fire.

Hewey, the "prismatic effect" ties this to a previous work I did called Tiki Ruins. This one is actually a prequel though. I expect there to be a pre-prequel to round out this series.

Oh, and to PapeTT, I agree and think I'll spare the monkey.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ This Message was edited by: Raffertiki on 2005-04-05 14:47 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 4:29 pm   Permalink

Yes Raffertiki, that is one spicy peice you have put together. I love the vibrancy and ambiance, Fire, good!

Chongolio

P.S I was stoked to find a nice fishy sticker in my party bag on the crawl. Yeah!

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 4:43 pm   Permalink

That is amazing Raffer. REALLY nice. Great job!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

What do you guys think? Too violent? Too much fire? Not enough fire? Heeds a monkey?

You can't have too much tiki violence and fire. Well, maybe in theory you could have too much tiki violence, but never enough fire! I don't heed monkeys because usually their advice is unsound.

Great piece!

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 5:56 pm   Permalink

raffer-fishy,
that looks like real fire. Very cool. You're pumpin' out a lot of art these days! COOL!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-05 9:06 pm   Permalink

Hey, Raffertiki, that really is one of your best I'd say too. The fire looks intense and severe, which is what it should look like - Very cool...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation