FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai 4/14/05
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai 4/14/05
Mambo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-14 3:09 pm   Permalink

See ya'll there!

View Profile of Mambo Send a personal message to Mambo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 12:49 am   Permalink

What a fabulous time! For those of you who could not make it, you were missed. For those who came, glad you made it to participate in the success that it was. Our very own gatorJwade (Jeff) won the mystery drink, and was mighty happy with the dance.

Congratulations to Tiki Kiliki for such a wonderful night.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 05:15 am   Permalink

Well I hope you all got some photos to post for the people not able to make it!

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 05:20 am   Permalink

Oh YES, Steve and I took a TON of photos! When I get back from my doctor's appt. I will be more than happy to post them!

I love that I stayed out drinking at The Mai Kai all night, and that then we all went to the Peter Pan for breakfast at 3 am or whatever time that was, and now I get to go to my doctor's appt. and do bloodwork.

WHOOOO!

(I forgot about the appointment until my PDA beeped to sadly inform me this morning. lol!)

Last night was SPECTACULAR!!! Congrats to our beloved Miss Tiki Kiliki!
~L

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-15 05:40 am   Permalink

Here, I will post a quickie teaser pic before I run out the door to the MD!
I like how I am so drunk in this photo, that one of my pupils is way bigger than the other.

Be back for more!
~L

[ This Message was edited by: Tikilicious on 2005-04-15 05:42 ]

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gatorjwade
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-15 06:35 am   Permalink

WOW, what a FANTASTIC night at the Mai-Kai! And, to top it off, I received my first Mystery Dance! WOW! (I tried, but could not make the Mystery Girl smile. ...I also was unable to keep my eyes on her hands! ) Also, that's one BIG drink!

My sincere thanks to my friend Chris who bought several tickets and gave one to 'I Dream of Tiki' and me, and to 'I Dream of Tiki' who donated her ticket to me earlier in the evening. (I guess she figured I would enjoy the Mystery Dance more than she would.... and I think she was right!) Thank you for making this memorable moment possible!

It was wonderful to see many familiar tiki faces that I've not seen since the windy Hukilau, and nice to meet many new friends.

And, last but certainly not least, many THANKS to Tiki Kiliki for putting this event together! You're a fabulous hostess! We're looking forward to the next Tiki Torch Night at the Mai-Kai!....

PS - I'll get some photos posted this weekend...

View Profile of gatorjwade Send a personal message to gatorjwade  Email gatorjwade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mambo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-16 05:04 am   Permalink

Super great time! the bands were swinging.
It was great to finally meet some of the Florida ohana.

Tikilicious, I hope I wasnt
annoying you to much with the "cat" calls.
You looked so damn cute with those ears.

Lastly, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,
Tiki Killiki!!!!

View Profile of Mambo Send a personal message to Mambo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 7:44 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2012-05-01 20:25 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-18 08:18 am   Permalink

WOW! Chip and Andy! GREAT pictures! Thanks for posting them! Here is a link to my photos from Tiki Torch Nights at The Mai Kai!

I hope you enjoy!

gatorjwade
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-19 07:14 am   Permalink

Check out my photos from this GREAT event here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=7uf6fnt.3k9mpulp&Uy=36p05k&Upost_signin=BrowsePhotos.jsp%3FshowSlide%3Dtrue&Ux=0

Note: Click "View Photos" on the bottom, then suggest you select "Slideshow" on the right.

They're low-res so don't purchase prints; if you want high-res, pls e-mail me which ones you want.

Enjoy!

View Profile of gatorjwade Send a personal message to gatorjwade  Email gatorjwade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 08:17 am   Permalink

OH MY GOD JEFF... that last photo of me cheering on Patrick to drink down all that liquid tiki, that was PRICELESS! Im going to have to frame that in a high rez! lol!

Lets email each other, and you tell me which ones of mine you want in high res, and Ill tell you. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. (But not so hard that your wife will ask too many questions. Only one or two.)

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos!

smoochies!

[ This Message was edited by: Tikilicious on 2005-04-19 08:19 ]

gatorjwade
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-20 12:38 pm   Permalink

Good thinking!... .don't leave any nail scratches!

Will send my list of pics to you... thanks!

joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 1:29 pm   Permalink

Looks like I missed out on a lot of fun!

Say, from the pictures it looks like you were in the banquet room that is apart from the restaurant and bar -- on the other side of the drive way. Is that where you were all night, or did you go back and forth between the banquet room and the molakai bar?

I'm going to be there this Thursday night for my brother's birthday, but we'll be in the main dining room taking in dinner and the show. But hopefully after the show I'll be able to sneak away and get to meet the Florida Ohana.

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 2:09 pm   Permalink

You'll have to make it next time! We were actually inside the Mai Kai in the rear dining areas where you're normally seated if you don't attend the dinner show - in rooms Tahiti and Samoa. The Mai Kai was kind enough to move most of the tables and the Hollywood style booths from the area so that there was enough room for everyone.

Let me know what time you're goin' to the Mai Kai on Thursday and I'll try to show up!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
joefla70
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 7:04 pm   Permalink

Hi Tiki Kiliki,

We're going to be there for early dinner/show starting at 5:30.

View Profile of joefla70 Send a personal message to joefla70  Email joefla70     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation