FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » 1 Year Anniv. Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 4/30/05!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
1 Year Anniv. Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 4/30/05!!!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 06:10 am   Permalink

Come out and celebrate the one year anniversary of Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta on Saturday 4/30/05! We've got quite a lineup plus PBS is filming an entire segment on the event. This is your 15 minutes - don't miss it!

*James Teitelbaum and his Easter Island Slideshow
*King Kukulele
*Hula Halau Kapilialoha
*Tongo-hiti and special guests
*Dames A'Flame
*Trader Vic's Giveaways!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2005-04-07 06:17 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 06:18 am   Permalink

I'll be there.
Hopefully dragging BK out of hiding.

Kava King? You down? I owe you a bowl or two.
I'll have a new camera with me and I'll get some shots of "them" getting shots.

Looking forward to seeing you again, Kiliki.
Wanna have breakfast together?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 06:23 am   Permalink

I am hoping to make it. That King Kukulele is so dreamy... And last time he was there he about made me spew my Mai Tai! Just do not yawn in the front row...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-07 07:09 am   Permalink

Pablus - are you kidding? Of course I wanna have breakfast and I hope you don't mind that once again it will be at the Silver Skillet - where the biscuits and gravy are the tastiest!

You should try to make it to Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai next week!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 3:14 pm   Permalink

I'll be there. Somebody tell Hanford to correct his calendar: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12675&forum=4&0

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 09:59 am   Permalink

The Hilton is offerring a special rate to everyone coming in from out of town! Here's the details:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE : Tiki Torch Night at Trader Vic’s…

April 30th, 2005

`

I am pleased to announce that your members can now make reservations online for your event. Hilton.com makes it easy for a future guest to book their room and receive a confirmation number without ever having to pick up the phone. Please forward the following instructions to all of your potential guests to ensure they get a room reserved before the group cut-off date on: April 28 - this is an $89 room rate per night!

Step 1 - Go to
http://www.atlanta.hilton.com

Step 2 - Click on "Book A Room"

Step 3 - After completing your travel dates & information, enter the following Group/Convention Code: ATT

Step 4 - Continue with the on screen instructions to confirm your reservation and receive a confirmation number.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Atlanta. We look forward to serving you!!!

Room reservations – Call 877-667-7210 and ask for the Tiki Torch Night – Group Code ATT.

Mahalo!
Marlies Vanderhout
General Manager Trader Vic's Atlanta
255 Courtland Street
Atlanta, Ga 30303

(404)221-6339

The Hukilau

Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 10:36 pm   Permalink

Hot Diggity!
We'd already made our reservations and thought we'd gotten a pretty good rate. This one is even better! Amazing... The Power of these Tiki Gods.

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 10:46 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing everyone there - glad my persistence helped with the room rate. This should be an amazing event!

The Hukilau

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 09:05 am   Permalink

Kiliki,
I know the madhouse atmosphere of these Torch Nights and wondered if I needed to make a reservation to view JT's slide show?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 09:16 am   Permalink

I thought about that but made it early enough that I didn't think there would be a problem. I guess you're number one. I'll announce it on the site so that people can contact Vic's to do so. I'll reserve a seat in your name.

The Hukilau

Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-24 10:19 pm   Permalink

We made sure (I hope) to make our dinner reservations early enough to finish eating in time for the Slide Presentation. The girl that took our info was very excited about the event and jibbered and jabbered almost uncontrollably. I was quite impressed! They're obviously very excited about seeing all of us (and our money too, I guess?).

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 04:08 am   Permalink

Vic - you must have spoken with LeeAnne. She's English.

The employees actually get very excited about Tiki Torch Nights. It's old hat to the staff there now and they have fun with it. You'll see me helpin' out during the night as I've grown very close to them and they work hard for the money!!

It will be nice to see you there!

The Hukilau

Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 1:22 pm   Permalink

I'm looking forward to a "normal" weekend beginning with this event! Kiliki, Pablus and all- hope to see you there.
I'll begin my therapy with a MaiTai and see where it leads.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-25 1:31 pm   Permalink

Kava King,

Lookin' forward to seeing you and the wahine!! I was gonna give you my usual reminder call this week.

Can't wait to see you!!

The Hukilau

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 11:58 am   Permalink

Bar opens at 5pm.
I made reservations for dinner at 6pm.

This is looking to be a good weekend all the way around.
A nice respite from the pain of the Kahiki Moon closing before I ever went there and the sorrow of missing another Oasis.

Plus, I'm picking up a very valuable treasure in Augusta on the way back home. More on that later.

Your Worship, King Kukulele, my heart is gladdened that you will not be subject to me driving you anywhere on Saturday - errrrr - Sunday AM. Your safety is of my upmost concern, Sire. (...until I have the 6th Mai Tai)

Aloha!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation