FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 1 Year Anniv. Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 4/30/05!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
1 Year Anniv. Tiki Torch Nights Atlanta 4/30/05!!!
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-26 12:26 pm   Permalink

Pablus - be prepared to take the stage my man!!!

Can't wait to give ya a big hug!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-26 3:37 pm   Permalink

Yay! I'll be there, too. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-28 11:36 am   Permalink

Dear Mr. Pablus,
Your driving was effective. I got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. No sweat there! I'm looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta and I hope we get a chance to play our ukes together. This will be my first time back in Atlanta since Hukilau 1 !! I love Atlanta and can't wait to see Trader Vic's, Tiki Torch Nights, and all the local BBQ joints. Ready or not Atlanta, Here I come!

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 10:52 am   Permalink

Hope you get a chance to savor the ribs at "Rolling Bones" while you're in town, King! They are my new favorite stop for smoked swine. Get the sauce on the side- it's fine but sort of redundant when the food's this good.

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 2:18 pm   Permalink

I'm already here!! So excited!

Anyone who wants to join us for dinner tomorrow night please do! I've got a table reserved for 20 plus. Those that I have so far are Chip, Andy, Swanky, Pablus, James T., King K, Chad, Mike, Basement Kahuna, Shannon, Russell, David Piscola - etc.

Kava King - you in???

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-29 2:47 pm   Permalink

Kiliki -
I'd like to join you guys for dinner.
Chacha

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-29 10:11 pm   Permalink

Great doll - just ask for me when you get there or let them know you're with my party and they'll bring ya back.

All the ohana is welcome to join us!

The Hukilau

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-03 9:36 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 16:08 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-04 11:23 am   Permalink

...most of these were taken within 5 minutes of each other, some time after 1 AM.
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 06:08 am   Permalink

Snorting pepper... or was it salt.
Mmmmmmmmm.

Had to have some input since the bar was jammed and Joel wouldn't mix me a night cap. Slacker.

I came back from the trek to the bar with a Navy Grog for Kava King and he and his lovely Queen had left during the wait. I'm still carrying it around hoping he'll show.

No one really got too plowed because we couldn't get enough booze into us with the 4000 people squished into the bar area.
What a successful event! Lots of fun except for the backup 30 miles south of ATL that put me 3 hours late. But I was glad to catch the last 15 minutes of JT's GIANT HEAD presentation. Cool stuff.

Enjoyed the next day - a beautiful sunny day tooling around Buckhead with King Kukulele for several hours before heading north to the new Hapa Haole Hideaway.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 09:20 am   Permalink

Had a drink for me eh?...That's the LAST time I listen to the wahine when she says it's "time to leave". What a killjoy! I mean, just because Key (longtime friend and kitchen manager) and Joel were giving us the hairy eyeball and making rude "towards the door" gestures...
Thanks for the effort anyway and I'm sorry we didn't get to say our final Alohas to you and other friends, but we did have a very, very good time (and thanks to the stalwart photogs for the pix). One thing is certain: NEXT TIME, I'M BRINGING A FLASK. Cheers!

View Profile of Kava King Send a personal message to Kava King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 09:42 am   Permalink

Wow... great pics!

Sure wish we could have been there for the festivities. I wonder if TV's made any money that night?

:>)

Great for the bar to make the dough, but tough on the customers when you're trying to get to the bar to get drink!

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 09:51 am   Permalink

Absolutely the most people ever in Trader Vic's Atlanta. A madhouse. TTN is getting too big for Trader Vic's. I think it'll have to be moved...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 1:56 pm   Permalink

DAMN, Kava Queen!!

Where did you GET that PURSE?!?!

(Good thing I wasn't there that night - it just mighta "walked"...)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kava King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-05 8:03 pm   Permalink

Formica, look for photos of the Queen's Moai-inspired handbag very soon in the Creating Tiki forum.
Long story short- she diddit.

[ This Message was edited by: Kava King on 2005-05-05 20:05 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation