FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 12:07 pm   Permalink

Hello !!! Just taking a breather and posting some pics.

Getting warmer here so I figured I'd better make some progress before I turn into a lightweight from the heat. Trying to capture the tahitian slanted style roof. Difficult cuts and hurricane considerations all the way through the project. Uprights are in 2 ft of cement. 2 X 6 frame with brackets. Spine is 16 ft.

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2007-02-22 06:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2013-01-07 11:42 ]

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
doctiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-10 5:51 pm   Permalink

Mctiki, Is that pressure treated lumber that you are framing with? Do becareful with it, that bad stuff (sliver & dust). As for the heat,lots of water( a little lime in the water) , when its done it looks like it wouldthe place to be,even here in Vegas.

View Profile of doctiki Send a personal message to doctiki  Email doctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 02:51 am   Permalink

Thanks Doc. I am being careful with the Pressure treated stuff. (wind was blowing the dust away from me as it was being cut.

Can't wait to finish this beast.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 06:20 am   Permalink

McTiki, It is starting to look like something good is coming. Once you get it framed, it will go much faster. Thanks for keeping us posted...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 5:11 pm   Permalink

Updates. The skin is on! (not trimmed yet)This thing is huge! I'm having fun though. Good work-out after sitting in the cubicle all day.

Wahine's flowers too!

Mahalo Kanoas'

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 6:28 pm   Permalink

Hey McTiki, great work...Any more pics? I'm thinking about doing something similar

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 6:32 pm   Permalink

Wow!

My wife was just clearing the corner of our yard in preparation for making an overhang, putting in benches, etc., in a Spanish sort of style.

Now I've got something better to show her!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 08:11 am   Permalink

Thanks for the props guy's. I will post updates tonight. There are many.

mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 08:17 am   Permalink

Nice work!!! I've been thinking about something like that for my backyard as well for some time. No money this year though!

Matty

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 09:16 am   Permalink

Very nice!! I'm so jelous of everyone who has the space for this kind of thing. I plan on downing a couple of trees to make room, but that wont happen until the kids are older. So expect some progress pics in about 5 years or so.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see it finished!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 6:13 pm   Permalink

Looks good so far. love the use of the corner too!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 2:50 pm   Permalink

Some updates...

Keiko likes!

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 6:09 pm   Permalink

the progress is looking good, soon it will be a great place to sit by the pool sipping on a Mia Tai, surounded with lots of good tiki stuff. Thanks for the progress pictures, it is always great to see how everyones bars come together

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 04:42 am   Permalink

Update

Bamboo to be affixed to the sides and Tile and finished wood bar front. Calling an electrician soon. Needs wiring inside. 10 foot bar, seats approx 10 comfortably, 30 cozily.

ground & foundation

Good

Best

from bar to pond (still messy until all the plants find their home ; )

Mahalo

Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 04:48 am   Permalink

Hot Damn! You been busy boy........Looking great. Can't wait to see it all done. Keep posting the pics.

G.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation