FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki's Backyard Oasis... redux... in progress
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 07:18 am   Permalink

Hey McTiki, it Really looks like the end is in Sight HOORAAAY.Awesome pic's, you have done a Lot ofwork but it's lookin Good.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 1:24 pm   Permalink

wow, that is one hell of a project. It's coming out beautifully though. I love the bar. Are you going to put colored lights behind those little glass squares in the bar?

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 04:10 am   Permalink

Thanks for the encouraging words Tiki G, Benz, and Pocky. It's been so long in the making. I can see light. Pocky, I will eventually go Green/Blue behind the glass blocks. I would love to incorporate an LED changing multicolor scheme behind them if it were reasonably priced. That would be cool.

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 05:09 am   Permalink

wow! That really looks great. You have done a fine, outstanding job.
Won't it be sweet to enjoy that this year! Lots of hard work paid off nicely!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 4:30 pm   Permalink

McTiki ...Looking McGood! I'll be checking mailbox for opening day drinks !!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 6:37 pm   Permalink

Exotica, thank you. You will know when this place is rockin well in advance... Mahalo

TikiLaLe, I saw your frame, it's far more tribal than mine. I'm recently inspired by the incredible works of none other than Bamboo Ben's, and feel the need to stretch out on this project. (afterall, it's in our backyard!!!) Mahalo and thanks for the props! Back to ya!!!

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-23 10:19 pm   Permalink

Amazing pics - your back yard is really taking shape.

That palm log in the second picture looks like it is going to make a very cool tiki for your back yard.

Thanks for the progress pics!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 04:31 am   Permalink

looks great! one question. what does local code say about building so close to prop. line?

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 04:40 am   Permalink

Thanks for the props Poly!

David- Older neighborhood without code enforcement nazis + it is not classified as, nor does it qualify as a "permanent structure" ie; no walls + Our fence line is 14 inches inside our true property line + our neighbors love the opportunity to see the yard and eventually use the bar. We are lucky indeed.

Mahalo

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-24 3:00 pm   Permalink

COOL

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 07:34 am   Permalink

Looking good! Love the glass bricks in the bar Are they backlit?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 12:28 pm   Permalink

Hewey wrote: "Looking good! Love the glass bricks in the bar Are they backlit?"

Yes, white for now. Looking into full spectrum LED so I don't have to get under there much. Thanks for the props!!!

Mahalo

tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 04:06 am   Permalink

MC, beautiful work it look's like a true fun spot.

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 1:05 pm   Permalink

An update for this weekend's efforts.

Still need to figure some things out like gaps in Bamboo joints and what color tiles to put in up top. More Bamboo accents coming. Whew!

tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 1:11 pm   Permalink

NICE, NICE ,NICE I can almost taste the refreshment's

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation