Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Cheekytiki's "The Haole Hut"
Cheekytiki's "The Haole Hut"
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-10 12:08 pm   Permalink

Here's some pics of our almost comleted showroom, still some bits to do and now to build the A-frame facade for the building entrance.
Thanks to Tikiwahine for the name

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 1:47 pm   Permalink

I like your bamboo and thatch work; especially the big pieces of boo. The tapa's a good touch as well. Nice work.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 1:52 pm   Permalink

Gorgeous! And I love your bamboo furniture! Screw rattan, go boo! A few bamboo stools like that in front of the bar? Beauty! Did you make them?

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 3:20 pm   Permalink

Nice all around, but oddly enough, I'd really like to see a close up of that big tiki's head.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 8:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Cheeky when I'm in London near the end of May will I be able to check this out! That is insane! Screw the Tower of London, I want to hang out there!!!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 07:54 am   Permalink

Are those baskets full of Puffer Fish? Are they lamps or just potential lamps?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 07:59 am   Permalink

Simply gorgeous. I hope I can even come close to this when I do mine. Where did you get those terrific chairs?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 10:19 am   Permalink

Cheeky, this place looks GREAT, like a tropical island abode. You can come do my shack any time you want...

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 10:31 am   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback everybody, I'm glad you all like it.Should have more pics soon which show the whole thing.
The bamboo furniture we had imported, and have available on our website, we also have bar stools and dining sets coming in the same style.
Yep, those are baskets full of puffers, we've made some into lamps and waiting for some big ones to arrive.
Johntiki, look forward to having you over, we should be around then just before we set off on our next BIG project, but more about that later.

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 1:59 pm   Permalink

Posh and elegant and still very rustic.
Quite impressive.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-13 1:35 pm   Permalink

That's a right fine hideout, cheekytiki. Great taste and craftsmanship with the decor too.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-14 08:17 am   Permalink

Excellent showroom Cheeky, if only all furniture stores could be like this and not like the ones I seem to get dragged round on a bank holiday or rainy Sunday afternoon. All the best

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beachin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 09:07 am   Permalink

If I had a hideout like that, I would never leave! It's so cozy and fascinating! You really did a great job all the way around. I love the fabric on the wall. Great setup!

Thanks for sharing the photos.

View Profile of beachin Send a personal message to beachin  Email beachin Goto the website of beachin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-14 10:08 am   Permalink

OLd school cool. Look at that basket of puffer fish. Everything seems to fit together there. No Spener's Gifts that I could see.

I think now we need to see the super space age modern tiki room. Stain-less steel walls with flatscreens and a tiki to the ceiling.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation