FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Question about a Trader Vic's ceramic...vessel
Question about a Trader Vic's ceramic...vessel
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 8:12 pm   Permalink

I just searched on the internet and got nothing. I just searched TC and got nothing...

Has anyone seen a Trader Vic's streetcar (or trolley mug) before? I found one today but have never seen mention of it before.

So what I want to know is: What was this used for? Was there a drink at TV's in San Francisco called the Streetcar? Is it not a drink vessel?

I'll post a photo later if anyone wants to see it.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 8:24 pm   Permalink

I vaguely remember seeing one on Ebay not too long ago... I don't have a clue what may have been served in it but I remember it looked pretty cool... post a pic Slacks I'd be curious to find out more info. about it as well!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 8:39 pm   Permalink

It's a cable car, here is a thread, not much info though.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=2475&forum=5

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2005-04-11 20:39 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 8:47 pm   Permalink

That's where I saw it! Thanks for the reminder Al!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 9:05 pm   Permalink

Cable car! Damn..I didn't think of that. Thanks Al (or Shelly) So anyone else know anything 'bout this?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wrongdimensionboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-04-12 1:52 pm   Permalink

That looks awesome.

View Profile of wrongdimensionboy Send a personal message to wrongdimensionboy  Goto the website of wrongdimensionboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-12 4:04 pm   Permalink

Sorry, I can't add anything.

It is a nice souvenir piece from the old SF Vic's, which is always nice to find.

I just came by to hijack your thread because I picked up a hot buttered rum barrel today for .99 cents.
It is bigger than others I have seen. It's like a party size at about 8 inches tall & 6 inch diameter.
It's a nice sized piece, but I have no idea how old it is.
Anyone?

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation