Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki in television commercial
Tiki in television commercial
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 11:16 pm   Permalink

Only for a brief second, but my wife and I caught a Qwest (local phone provider) commercial with some people shopping at what looked like a flea-market. The Tiki is very early on in the footage, but it is a huge wooden-carved statue. Very nice looking statue I might add. Don't know if it is a regional thing or all over the country.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 2:26 pm   Permalink

I was watching a news story about a family in Long Beach that had almost asphyxiated after lighting a hibachi in the living room to keep warm. (The two people survived.) As the reporter was speaking from her "live location" I noticed the gate in the background. It is a series of tikis on an iron gate.

The photo is blurry, I got it from the KCBS 2 web site.

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-19 7:36 pm   Permalink

Good catch!!! I need to pay more attention.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 8:04 pm   Permalink

The newest Chrysler PT Cruiser television ad had a whole schwack o' tikis. The ad actually demonstrates how much room a PT Cruiser has by showing a large Ku totem being slid into the back hatch. It's like the ad was shot at an "Oceanic Arts" -ish place.

Wish I had a link to show ya...Anyone else see it?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-20 08:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-15 20:04, Slacks Ferret wrote:
The newest Chrysler PT Cruiser television ad had a whole schwack o' tikis. The ad actually demonstrates how much room a PT Cruiser has by showing a large Ku totem being slid into the back hatch. It's like the ad was shot at an "Oceanic Arts" -ish place.

Wish I had a link to show ya...Anyone else see it?

I saw this twice last night...pretty cool!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:14 pm   Permalink

Tiki torch AND a SQUIRREL!!

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Strongbow-Total-First-Pint-Refreshment-Strongbow-Cider-Range/59753

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonmawrtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 3:44 pm   Permalink

no way seen that add and never noticed that once

haha spot on

i bow down to your tikiness lol

View Profile of tonmawrtiki Send a personal message to tonmawrtiki  Email tonmawrtiki Goto the website of tonmawrtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-05 8:33 pm   Permalink

hmmmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1obMW8mDC5I

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-20 4:55 pm   Permalink

I spotted a teeny touch of tiki in the new advert for the National Lottery's new Scratchcard "The Pot of Gold", in which an explorer is dropped into a cooking pot by cannibals wearing PNG Mud Men masks and is then transported to a beach party with DJ who has a cheap tiki mask on his bamboo bar.

Whilst trying to find the advert online I found this article on it that wrongly describes the theme.

Quote:

The ad, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, features a prehistoric jungle theme. It breaks on Sunday and will run until 18 October.

Marketing Magazine

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-03-02 2:03 pm   Permalink

A little different example for this thread - intentionally sneaking some tiki mugs into a Target commercial...

My sister and her family live in Long Beach in a nice midcentury home that they've kept in authentic condition. So it has been in several commercials, a couple CSI Miami episodes, and a few other moments of fame. Usually the set crew moves everything and puts in a lot of their own props, but sometimes some of my sister's stuff stays in the picture. This time her tiki mugs show up a couple times, although it's a little hard to make out individual mugs in the background. I can recognize her blue Bosko kumu mug in the fireplace scene.

Here's the
commercial on youtube.

That fireplace scene also features their chihuahua, who they kept in by putting some carrots under the area rug. Also note the trees and snow composited in the window next to the fireplace. I guess the real view of a socal backyard pool wouldn't quite fit with the wintertime setting!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-10 6:20 pm   Permalink

There is a Tiki mug featured in the Jack in the Box commercial entitled "What happened Last night?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoDRKTr_46Q

Not sure of the mug design?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation