FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Kona Lanes Tiki Night
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Kona Lanes Tiki Night
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-23 10:15 pm   Permalink

Z-Girl and myself will definitely be there!

I can't bowl to save my life (and would be dismayed to find myself in a situation where I had to...), but where else but a bowling alley can you drink, scream, yell all you want and throw heavy things around in a public place yet still 'blend in'? Besides, nothing makes quite the same fashion statement as an aloha shirt and those 'oh-so-attractive' shoes...

While I really need to make a pilgrimage to the fabled third point of the So. Cal. "Holy Trinity" (after AlnShely's & Baxdog's), 6 is a mite on the early side - what time will all be heading over to the lanes from Bong's?
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-10-24 08:59 am   Permalink

Doctor Z (and interest parties),

I reserved the lanes for 8:00 pm. I'll post destructions to my hut in a week or two.

Food and drink will be from 6:00 (OK, I'm starting at 8:00 am) till 7:45 or so.

Feel free (or pay (?)) to stop by anytime.

Has anyone given any thought to some mobile bar out in the parking lot?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-24 09:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-10-24 08:59, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Has anyone given any thought to some mobile bar out in the parking lot?

Uggggh! Ok, next on the big purchase list: "The Rum Runner".

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-24 10:58 pm   Permalink

SCD , that is one way cool Airstream. As soon as I sell my tiki trailer, I'm going to weld me up a tiki teardrop trailer.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-25 06:12 am   Permalink

Hey guys!

Cool trailer. Has anyone seen the totaly bamboo-ed out trailer that some guy has outfitted. I'm not talking just a few accent pieces, but full-on, totaly covered inside and out with bamboo. I saw this out at DaCruz show a couple of years ago. Way cool.

Hope to be out of the volcano by the 16th for the Bong-a-Thong at the Kona Lanes. LittleSusan and I will have to pass on the swinging of large heavy objects with our wussie shoulders but lifting mugs and pu pus be good.

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-25 07:43 am   Permalink

Trustar,
yes, I have pics of that trailer 9inside and out0. I'll see if I can dig them up and post them. It was at Da Show 2001 if I'm recall correctly.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-10-25 9:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Popster, you're right, that dude had his trailer at Da Show in '01 and he was at the '02 show (sans trailer). I asked him if he sold it at the '01 show - no.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trustar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-26 05:21 am   Permalink

That set-up was very slick. Don't know how it would have done on the road and weather but was definately a choice bit of work. Pop, hope you can find some of the pics. I think this group would love to see it. Now that would make the ultimate TC party ride!

Trustar

View Profile of trustar Send a personal message to trustar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-26 08:26 am   Permalink

Bongs? Li's egg rolls? Bowl? Hmmmmmm.

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-26 1:25 pm   Permalink

Me and Lady Velour will try to make it. We'll be driving in from Arizona that day.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation